Looks like I also fixed the Custom Filters problem/crash. A simply change in line 144 of \WINUI\WINUI_OPTS.CPP:

{ "_filters",                           "0",        	OPTION_STRING, nullptr },

Last one, these three lines should be deleted because they create the useless MAME.INI in the root folder which is not used at all:

lines 1896, 1897, 1898

// if .\mame.ini not exist, create a default one
std::string filename = std::string(DEFAULT_INI_FILENAME).append(".ini");
LoadOptionsStartup(core_opts, filename);

and change line 1900:

std::string filename = std::string(GetIniDir()).append(PATH_SEPARATOR).append(DEFAULT_INI_FILENAME).append(".ini");

That's all.

I have no idea what to do with the Audit All Games issue reported here, on my side it works as expected. @Robert

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, mamesick said:

I have no idea what to do with the Audit All Games issue reported here, on my side it works as expected. @Robert

Great and many thanks, I'm very happy to see a nice fixed release next time.
For me the Audit All Games works, but the results aren't saved. If I close and restart Arcade, the old roms status is shown.
Perhaps the old save file is corrupt somehow. Could you tell me please in which file the Audit results are saved ?

Edited by 18Phoenix

The file you're looking for is \GUI\GAMESTAT.INI.

I re-checked with a fresh installation of ARCADE 0.232, I put a ROM into the \roms\ folder for testing.

Audit All Games worked as expected, the audit results were saved when I closed the app and loaded correctly when I launched it again.

Another bug instead appeared. If I enable "Faster Audit method" in the Interface Options and perform an Audit All Games, the program badly crashes after a while.

I don't know if it's my PC here at work or not, I have to check better.

If someone else could check it would be great. @Robert

Posted (edited)

I noticed something important:

If setting a custom filter, everything isn't saved, no matter what, an Audit, a folder change etc.

If I start Arcade, do an Audit and leave, it's saved.
If I start Arcade, change a rom folder, it's saved.
If I start Arcade, set a custom filter, do an Audit, change a rom folder and leave, NOTHING is saved.

It seems that changes aren't saved immediately, but during the closing procedure one by one in a special order.
That's really bad, because one save crashing and all following are unsaved aswell.

Edited by 18Phoenix
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 18Phoenix said:

It seems that changes aren't saved immediately, but during the closing procedure one by one in a special order.

That's really bad, because one save crashing and all following are unsaved aswell.

This problem is fixed in the post above. Yes, if you change Custom Filter in 0.232 the GUI will crash silently on exit and nothing will be saved.

Assuming @Robertwill implement my fixes, the next 0.233 should work fine for all users.

Yes, all options are saved in a special order. For the interface ones, first we check for the Custom Filters (if they changed or not) and then we save all the rest. Of course, if saving Filters is causing a crash, all the rest will not be saved at all.

Edited by mamesick
  • Thanks 2
Posted (edited)

I really appreciate the confirmed crash i was getting & Thank you mamesick for your fix I do hope it completely fixes it. Thanks again

I just noticed a fix has been done for the other fault too in the gui. Thanks

Edited by Agard

Thanks for looking into these problems. I have added your suggestions into the source, but haven't tested them.

I'm currently working on a project may take a few years to complete, so there isn't much time to devote to ARCADE development.

I tried the fast audit and there was no crash. If you come up with any other patches I'm certainly happy to add them.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Robert said:

Thanks for looking into these problems. I have added your suggestions into the source, but haven't tested them.

I tried the fast audit and there was no crash. If you come up with any other patches I'm certainly happy to add them.

Perfect. Yes, the fast audit is fine at my home. For something I cannot explain it crashes here at work. Maybe a RAM problem.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a long time since i haven't said anything..
I dont know if i said this before but still, when im in Window mode + using the mouse input, the mouse doesn't get locked inside the Arcade window like Mame did.
If i remember, there was also alot of old versions of Arcade that was having this as well, will this be fixed?