I've checked it again: Arcade 0.230 is definitely broken, doesn't save the most settings.

Using 0.229 again, everything works perfect as usual.

Switch again to 0.230, nothing is saved again, not the last folder, not the result of refreshing the list, no filters, nothing.

Edited by 18Phoenix
3 hours ago, 18Phoenix said:

I've checked it again: Arcade 0.230 is definitely broken, doesn't save the most settings.

Using 0.229 again, everything works perfect as usual.

Switch again to 0.230, nothing is saved again, not the last folder, not the result of refreshing the list, no filters, nothing.

Tested the x64 exe. Everytime you launch arcade a mame.ini is generated in the root folder. Delete it and press F5 to refresh the list. Add a new rom folder and modify some setting. Close the emu and relaunch. A new mame.ini is generated again, but my settings are saved at ini/mame.ini correctly. The only problem is that ini generated everytime you launch arcade, but apart from this, all is going well.

Edit: The only thing I can't configure is to add a game to a custom folder, cause no folder is shown in the directory tree when the promp is opened.

Edited by StHiryu
6 hours ago, StHiryu said:

A new mame.ini is generated again, but my settings are saved at ini/mame.ini correctly.

Yep, with the 2 mame.ini's is already more than strange.
After refreshing all icons become green or red.
If I leave and restart, all is gone, so another F5 press is needed.
Very disappointing.

Overwrite all files with 0.229 and everthing works again.
Overwrite all files with 0.230 the setings are broken again.

So it's for 100% the 0.230 files fault.

Sure, everyone how doesn't touch his settings and lists with notice something.
I didn't at the first run, too.
But because of the crashs I had to refresh all and the mistake was there.

Edited by 18Phoenix

I have a lot going on currently, and the winui builds are difficult to investigate, so I'll stop doing releases of Arcade until some time can be found.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
12 hours ago, Robert said:

I have a lot going on currently, and the winui builds are difficult to investigate, so I'll stop doing releases of Arcade until some time can be found.

I want to report I have issues using v0.230 like other users already said.

Problem here is it doesn't save Custom Filter.

• Thanks 1
On 4/4/2021 at 10:49 AM, Robert said:

No Robert, please don't stop releasing Arcade. Just because it stopped working for a few people doesn't mean it's not still useful for 98% of the users. And who knows, maybe 0.231 will work again for everyone 😄

I would gladly assist in investigating, unfortunately there seems to be no error.log to begin with.

Robert you do a lot for ARCADE & everyone on here would agree with me, if it means you're not doing any builds we all can wait for a while. I'm pretty sure that if a member makes there own builds they wouldn't mind sharing. I have just done a fresh install & the games I have played have saved my new nvram & cfg files ok, I have exit ARCADE & all working for me though & I don't have 2 mame ini files either but it does save a mame ini file when I exit but I don't know if that is supposed to happen. Well I can play my games without a problem that I know of. All I can say is someone do a new build using Robert's settngs & see if the problem still exists. Thanks

• Like 1