• Robert changed the title to ARCADE64 0.230
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Due to the failures related to ini files, Robbert posted he won't release a 231 version. Anyway, I'll compile the 32bit version soon, but keep in mind those bugs could appear again...

I have a lot going on currently, and the winui builds are difficult to investigate, so I'll stop doing releases of Arcade until some time can be found.

ARCADE64  0.230 is released.   Download location: https://arcade.mameworld.info/   Changes: - none     This was released around the same time as MAMEUI, but I f

Thank you Robert. For some reason this version crashes for me. I don't get any error displayed, it just disappears after the progress indicater of  "building folder structure" went to the far right (maybe 90%). Running as Administrator doesn't help. How can I find out the reason? For the time being I had to fall back to 0.229.

Sven :-)

I noticed quite a few CHD games are missing from the list. In version 0.217 (the last i used) there are 711 games total but in version 0.30 there are only 691.

Missing games include Mad Dog Mcree and others. Is this intentional?

Hello :)

v0.230 is the first time ever where's something very wrong for me.

First time after updating the files it worked.

The second time it always crashes while building at the beginning without any error message.

So I decided to use a fresh new build. It starts. But it doesn't save any settings.

No interface settings will be saved, no font size, no folders, no gamelist, no selected picture tabs, just nothing.

Starting the first time it generates a mame.ini in the main folder AND in the ini folder. So which one is used now ?

However non is used to save any setting, neither mame.ini nor ui.ini.

Btw. MameUI works still fine after updating.

Edited by 18Phoenix

Yes, same here. I re-downloaded the 0.230 package just to be sure, but no change. Tried on two different machines (laptop and pc), but Arcade doesn't start. There is no error message at all. Is there an option for a logfile or errorlog? 0.229 works fine.

• Sad 1

No work was done on ARCADE between 0.229 and 0.230, and it works for me, so there isn't anything I can do.

As for CHD games, if you can point out ones that work correctly in MAME and are missing, I'll add them.

3 hours ago, Robert said:

As for CHD games, if you can point out ones that work correctly in MAME and are missing, I'll add them.

I wasn't aware that only correctly working games should be on the list. There are plenty of games that don't work correctly but are still in the list.

Do you mean games that don't work at all maybe?

The game must be playable, as in you can insert a coin, start the game, and play it to some extent. It doesn't have to be 100% perfect.

I don't keep CHDs, so cannot know what works and what doesn't.

The most CHD games don't work, only 281 are on the working-list, most of them music games. This part is untouched.
A lot of the other start but are not really playable, whatever that means.