Raine 0.91.15, hopefully the last fixes version for the 0.91 branch !

Tux

1 hour ago, alocacoc said:

Unfortunately I cannot find the pkgbuild on the download page anymore.

my bad, I forgot the PKGBUILD file was read from a specific directory to generate the latest page, it's fixed, and I uploaded the latest PKGBUILDs files for the 0.91.15, you won't have to fix them manually (and I should at least update the maintainer line at the top of these files, on the todo list).

Both version fail to build with this message:

==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting package()...
install: cannot stat 'config/language/brasil.cfg': No such file or directory
make: *** [makefile:1636: brasil.cfg] Error 1
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
    Aborting...
error making: raine

not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Is it actually possible to install both versions, 32Bit and 64Bit on one machine?

By the way, the maintainer of the AUR packet officially disowned the package yesterday.

Edited by alocacoc

I am really cursed with this one, sorry, at least I have you to test the linux installation, yeah I never install here, I always run it from its source directory.

Ok, it's fixed again, but it has to be called 0.91.15b this time, for info the brasil.cfg is an old allegro file that I decided to remove lately, it will probably break the dos version if I try to recompile it one day... ! I also uploaded the 32 bits binary package, at least I tested the installation completely this time to avoid any other problem, no need to test the 64 bits version too, it's the same install.

No you can't install both packages at the same time because they share some files, but you can do it if you manually rename the executable, for example install raine32, then rename /usr/bin/raine to /usr/bin/raine32, then remove raine32 package (the raine32 executable will stay where it is), then install the raine64 package.

Compiling flawlessly (32Bit), very nice work.

To install both don't seem to be an advantage for me. I just thought about to test the differences side by side.

If I understand correctly, the 32Bit version got most code in assembler (faster?) and the 64Bit version in C/C++ (better portable to other architectures?).

But since there is no hardware hungry game supported anyway, I think its both exactly the same for me.

Thank you again for your extremely fast support and your dedication to this emulator.