ARCADE64 0.229

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ARCADE64  0.229 is released.   Download location: https://arcade.mameworld.info/   Changes: - Due to changes of how the sliders work, the hack that allowed their values to be

please delete this post

Compiling for Arcade32 failed. These are the last lines of the compiling process, if they are useful: Z:/Compartida/msys64/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/10.2.0/../../../../ i686-w64-m

OK managed to get working Arcade32 on Xp again. Download it at the usual place.
Big thanks to Mr-J from Emu-France.com <http://www.emu-france.com>

Edited by StHiryu

Thanks for the update! I have a question about enabling autofire. How am I supposed to do it? The MAME documentation says to launch MAME with no system selected, go to the plugins, and enable the autofire plugin. I don't know how to launch Arcade without any options, though.

35 minutes ago, Homiker said:

Thanks for the update! I have a question about enabling autofire. How am I supposed to do it? The MAME documentation says to launch MAME with no system selected, go to the plugins, and enable the autofire plugin. I don't know how to launch Arcade without any options, though.

Edit your mame.ini with:

#
# SCRIPTING OPTIONS
#
autoboot_command          
autoboot_delay            0
autoboot_script           
console                   0
plugins                   1
plugin                    autofire

noplugin 

• Like 1

Thanks, I just did that! It turns out that plugin was an empty field and that there was no autofire there. For some reason, I'm not still seeing anything under Cheat or Plugin Options.

11 hours ago, Homiker said:

Thanks, I just did that! It turns out that plugin was an empty field and that there was no autofire there. For some reason, I'm not still seeing anything under Cheat or Plugin Options.

It should be under Plugin options, check if arcade has the plugin folder with autofire iflder inside.

Edited by StHiryu

Okay, I checked the autofire folder and it has four files in there: autofire_menu.lua, autofire_save.lua, init.lua, and plugin.json. The last version of ARCADE that I used, 0.200 (Jul 25 2018), seemed to have no problems and I was able to get the autofire to work properly. I wonder what I'm doing wrong with the new version?

I'm a little confused. Which .ini am I supposed to edit? Is it the mame.ini in the root ARCADE folder or the mame.ini in the ini folder? In the ini folder, I also see a plugin.ini. Do I have to change autofire to 1 and/or cheat to 1? When I enter a game, hit tab, click Plugin Options, I see Autofire. Under Add autofire button, I changed Input to P1 Button 1.

I've also checked that my P1 Button 1 is Kbd Z under Input. When I hold Z in the game, I still cannot perform autofire for some reason.

I think I solved my problem. I forgot that I also needed to bind a hotkey to the input. I think that autofire was different in the older ARCADE versions and that confused me. It also was not necessary to change cheat to 1.

It also looks like I didn't have to edit mame.ini. I just had to edit plugin.ini (changing autofire from 0 to 1) in the ini folder.

A weird problem I just found is that in plugin.ini, autofire keeps going back to 0 every time I close ARCADE. I have to keep editing plugin.ini because of this.

Edited by Homiker

Yes configuring the autofire now is a little annoying sometimes. I edited the mame.ini under the ini folder and then worked for me. Then I didn't have to set plugin.ini again.

I really don't see why people waste their time in manually editing the .INIs when there's a well-tested and professional GUI to configure those options:

plugins.jpg

You don't need to edit PLUGINS.INI. You can configure all the plugins you want from the GUI in a very easy way. This can be done globally or per single game (right-click on a game the select "Properties for..."

Edited by mamesick
  • Thanks 1