Against the white theme...

Tux

Hey everybody. Thanks for the feedback. I'll be looking for a new dark theme for everyone to be able to choose from in the coming week. Unfortunately I can't bring back the old theme due to an incompatibility issue.

• 6 months later...

Six months later and no dark theme yet. 😂

Anyway, I followed Tux's advice and installed a browser extension to change the colors. I'm using Dark Reader (https://github.com/darkreader/darkreader), which is compatible with Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and also Firefox for android! But I don't know if they work in Linux. 🤔 I have to say I can no longer live without this extension. It saves my life when I'm having a headache and have to use the computer or smartphone.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try, yeah browser extensions are multi-os but not always multi-browser. Mine had problems with some sites, this one seems more polished, so I'll happily test it, thanks !

• Like 1

Sorry for the ridiculous delay. I haven't had much time to dedicate to this site. Regardless, we have some new features built in now (you'll notice a new ranking system) as part of some upgrades. I'll check with Invision to see if there's a dark theme option. I can't see why they wouldn't have it built in at this point, especially since both Windows/Mac have built in dark modes now.

• 11 months later...

Reviving an old topic : if you, like me are using "dark reader" and have some troubles with the new gmail style, just open the settings for "dark reader", click on "More...", then choose either "Filter" or "Filter+" for gmail, but then don't forget to remove the news below (x), and then choose "for this site only", because most other sites work fine with the dynamic setting, but the icons of gmail at the top of the screen become invisible if using dynamic.

That's all, and the "dark" themes from gmail without "dark reader" leave the background of the mails in white, so they are nice but not really useful, but you can combine them with dark reader by using this setting !

Thanks again to mer-curious for finding this extension ! ;-)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tux said:

That's all, and the "dark" themes from gmail without "dark reader" leave the background of the mails in white, so they are nice but not really useful, but you can combine them with dark reader by using this setting !

Hello Tux! Thank you for the tip. But I don't seem to have this issue here in Firefox/Windows, take a look:

https://imgur.com/d0j5mzA

As for Alpha's promise for a dark theme in the forum, it is almost completing it's first anniversary. 😂😅

8 hours ago, mer-curious said:

Hello Tux! Thank you for the tip. But I don't seem to have this issue here in Firefox/Windows, take a look:

https://imgur.com/d0j5mzA

As for Alpha's promise for a dark theme in the forum, it is almost completing it's first anniversary. 😂😅

It's the old setup, I guess you were not switched to the new one yet, you'll see that later ! ;-)

Yeah, nice birthday ! but anyway with such an extension it's not a problem anymore... !

gmail.png

The blurry picture in the background is not the best effect, still experimenting with this, but it gives you an idea of the changes !

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1