ARCADE 0.223

Robert

If you set ARCADE to group the roms ( monkey donkey ) is grouped with crazy kong but according to history dat its a clone of crazy kong part II. I know it's a bit trivial but there always going on about accuracy so which is it ? It's 1 of those things that just sticks in your mind when your a Donkey kong fan & played it so many times & still no good at it. Thanks

Just because it's a clone doesn't mean the hardware is the same. The hardware might be totally different, but if the outcome is the same it could be called a clone.

I expect they are both correct, in their own way.

15 hours ago, Agard said:

If you set ARCADE to group the roms ( monkey donkey ) is grouped with crazy kong but according to history dat its a clone of crazy kong part II. I know it's a bit trivial but there always going on about accuracy so which is it ? It's 1 of those things that just sticks in your mind when your a Donkey kong fan & played it so many times & still no good at it. Thanks

There are such "interesting" moments (as for me) enough.
For example, Knights Of Valour: Super Heroes - why kovytzy is separate of the main kovsh-group?
Or, another moment, 1943 - 1943kai  & 1943mii. Etc.
(But well, it's just my personal interest). 😉

@agard

If you mean mameinfo.dat, reply to MASH on mameworld forum.

If you mean history.dat, i'm not sure, but I think you can leave a reply to the last history.dat release, again at mameworld.