Raine 0.91.8 !

Tux

The big thing in this release is a fix for the gui display bug in fullscreen, it's not ideal, it currently uses some deprecated api in sdl-1.2, I have tested it only with a windows 10/nvidia system (and linux), so I can only hope it will work everywhere, I'll need some feedback here. The idea is just to try to display the gui in opengl since the bug prevents a proper restoration of the screen to display a non opengl gui. Oh well, just switch to fullscreen, test and report !

Except that :
 - a dos version ! This is the result of finding a djgpp version of gcc in arch, read about it there :

There is only a version using allegro for sound for now because it's the sound driver with the best results with "recent" sound cards, if you really need seal to support some extremely old sound card, post something !
 - the status & clones settings of the game selection list are now saved and restored
 - there is a new cache for the rom directories, it was made mainly for the dos version in an emulator, but it will have an effect everywhere. If you use a rom directory on a removable device, a dvd for example, and you change the dvd while raine is running, the list won't be updated, you'll need to restart raine for that.
 - the borderless window was updated since it was useless in windows, now it tries to emulate fullscreen, that is, the window is placed at 0,0 with a full size, the idea was to try that against the bug which hides the gui in fullscreen, but it failed, the bug also shows with this kind of window ! I kept it anyway, now when you switch to a borderless window the window is maximized.
 - some fixes for -romcheck and -rcf, and fixed the archive name for bubbolbr1

Oh yeah, the download section link is now at the top of the screen, in the forum title, but anyway : http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

Edited by Tux
  • Like 2

Hey Tux! Thank you for this new release! Thanks for the option to remember the clone settings. I guess you haven't checked the bug in the Art of Fighting 3 sound associations, right? 😅

Anyway, I'm mainly posting to warn other Raine users that there's a bug in the latest intel graphics drivers that produces some weird green stripes in some graphical situations, and Raine is also the case, as you can see below:
fb88c21349234649.jpg

These green stripes start blinking if you start navigating the GUI, so the GUI becomes virtually unusable, especially if you are new to the emulator. In fullscreen, the stripes disappear in the GUI but it keeps blinking. It only affects the GUI, during game it is normal as far as I've tested. Your changes in version 0.91.8 may have triggered this bug in the drivers.

There's already a beta driver that fixes this issue which can be downloaded here (they say it fixes Adobe After Effects but likely it reaches other programs too):
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29679/Intel-Graphics-BETA-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=80939

It seems it only happens with intel graphics drivers for 6th generation (skylake) and above.

Except that, I've just noticed that the version number doesn't show in the window title if no game is loaded (which you can see in the screenshot above). I guess stating the version number there would make it easier to identify Raine's version when using the GUI in windowed mode, even before loading a game. I came across this need when the GUI was scrambled by the green stripes and I wasn't sure which version I was really running.

That's it for this post.

Thank you so much again for your great work! ☺️

Edited by mer-curious

Glad it's specific to an intel video chip !

By the way you can crash easily this version by changing from opengl to normal blits and then back to opengl, and playing a few seconds each time. Well it's still the deprecated api which shows here, I can't do much about it,  it's safer to exit if you want to leave opengl and reload with a different video setting.

Yeah I remember you already asked the version number in the tiltle bar... ah yes I added it when a game is loaded, but forgot when there's no game... You are really a version number lover, I guess it's because you keep a few different versions at the same time... oh well...  it's done !

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 1:19 AM, mer-curious said:

Hey Tux! Thank you for this new release! Thanks for the option to remember the clone settings. I guess you haven't checked the bug in the Art of Fighting 3 sound associations, right? 😅

Anyway, I'm mainly posting to warn other Raine users that there's a bug in the latest intel graphics drivers that produces some weird green stripes in some graphical situations, and Raine is also the case, as you can see below:
fb88c21349234649.jpg

These green stripes start blinking if you start navigating the GUI, so the GUI becomes virtually unusable, especially if you are new to the emulator. In fullscreen, the stripes disappear in the GUI but it keeps blinking. It only affects the GUI, during game it is normal as far as I've tested. Your changes in version 0.91.8 may have triggered this bug in the drivers.

There's already a beta driver that fixes this issue which can be downloaded here (they say it fixes Adobe After Effects but likely it reaches other programs too):
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29679/Intel-Graphics-BETA-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=80939

It seems it only happens with intel graphics drivers for 6th generation (skylake) and above.

Except that, I've just noticed that the version number doesn't show in the window title if no game is loaded (which you can see in the screenshot above). I guess stating the version number there would make it easier to identify Raine's version when using the GUI in windowed mode, even before loading a game. I came across this need when the GUI was scrambled by the green stripes and I wasn't sure which version I was really running.

That's it for this post.

Thank you so much again for your great work! ☺️

I am using Intel Graphics too!, I use Intel Graphics 520, and this issue has been officially fixed in the latest drivers. 😃

It seems it has started on version 27.20.100.8280, mine went back to normal starting at version 27.20.100.8425, but there is already a more recent driver so everyone updating now will get it instead(it is just that I was late to see this topic xD).

So no problems anymore, everything is back to normal!, anyone getting this issues should just update their graphics drivers. :D

Edited by Amaryllis

Hello there,

I was just wondering  how to change the region on .91.8? No matter how many times I change it to USA, it always reverts to Japan so all my games play in Japanese rather than English.  

As you can see here, NeoCD is playing the exact same game in English while Raine is playing it in Japanese

https://i.imgur.com/Hje4883.png

These are being played at the exact same time

Oh sigh, there is a bug in the region switch for neocd then... hum, bad timing weather too hot currently and tired. It's probably something silly and easy to fix anyway, it worked before of course...

Ok, fixed and uploaded 0.91.9 for that, see the topic I am about to create for that !

Edited by Tux