Raine could not open IPL.txt!

DrTech

Dear friends, I need help,
All of my NeoGeo CD games are in .CUE / ISO / WAV format and they all work perfectly. However I downloaded a redump the Viewpoint game which is in .CUE / BIN format. I tried to run it and Raine displays the error "Could not open IPL.txt" and the error "Error while processing IPL.txt" and then the emulator closes immediately. This text file is present in the first file (track 01.bin), but I don't know what to do with it.
Does anybody know how to solve this? Thank you.

... which produces raine 0.91.6 to handle this new kind of cue. It's far from an ideal one, everything in raw even the audio tracks, which means that you could get bad sound if the endianess of the computer who created this rip and the one reading it differs but here it works with some good old x86 endianess.

This obliged me to change the way the iso is detected in the cue file, previously I was taking the "binary" track, but here all the tracks are binary !
Normally it shouldn't break anything, I quickly tested with some good old normal rip and everything seems ok.

That's the only change for 0.91.6, so those who don't have such raw rips in multiple tracks for neocd don't need to update, and 0.91.5 was linux exclusive.

Oh by the way I removed the blend files from this release, you'll have to download them from the extras section or use them from a previous release if you are interested, it's better to have a default without them.

http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

Just now, DrTech said:

Working perfectly now. However, you are right: it is possible that the ripped audio is not of good quality.

Not what I meant, it's probably as good as any other dump, the problem when reading would be with big endian cpus but they become rarer and rarer these days, so you can forget it. But it's still more convenient to have wav files at least to convert them more easily to mp3, ogg or flac.

For me the ideal format is probably : extract the files from the iso and put them in a zip file, then convert all the audio tracks to ogg (neocd audio is not symphonic, it's just a waste of space to keep uncompressed audio here, and ogg is probably the best format for that, or mp3 if you prefer). Then just delete the cue file, raine will know the zip file contains what should be in the iso, and guess the ogg files are the audio tracks, and the result will be much smaller while being readable very quickly !

Edited by Tux

Only for info (i've test on all system), 0.91.6 break the compatibility with xp:
miss LIBGCC_S_DW2-1.DLL
the procedure entry point __gxx_personality_v0 could not be located in the dynamic link library libstdc++-6.dll
etc

I guess we don't care even if it was one of the interests of 32 bit binaries. I had to signal you ;)

Good one, since I cross compile, I don't test everything all the time, but this time gcc was updated automatically, and the dll changed for the 32 bits version, but the 64 bits version kept the same name and is apparently still compatible !

So I just updated the dlls32-0.90.7z package, adding the new libgcc for this gcc-10.1 inside, I keep the old one for those who want to test old versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience, you will see the updated date of the package in the download page, and thanks for the post !