Raine 0.91 : tons of new cheats !

Tux

Yeah yeah I know, 0.90 was supposed to be the last, but there was this mistake about cheats where I forgot the very old cheats.cfg file before realizing it was incredibly outdated...

So here is 0.91, with the xml cheats from mame converted for the raine games. The cheats are included in the binary archives of the emulators, which makes them somewhat bigger (2.2 and 2.4 Mb, which is still very small for archives nowdays !). So thanks go to puggsy and his team for the work around this, I know how long it is to find cheats at least ! I picked the colors idea from them too, I found nice to have off in red and on in green for the cheats interface ! Except that when a cheat needs a parameter, it opens its own dialog which makes a huge difference from what we had before.
There are tons of new cheats, some improve the playability of the game, try those around arkatour, or any arkanoid clone, there is one to choose the ball speed and prevent it from accelerating ever again after that, very useful to train, and you can even choose that you don't loose if you loose the ball ! (which is really the ultimate cheat in this kind of game !). The cheats are in the scripts directory. The neocd games use cheats from the scripts/neocd directory if there are some, but since there are very few there, they use those in scripts/raine if there is nothing. Some games have a different memory map in neocd, but those interested will have to test. The conversion from xml was made by a perl script, it's in the sources in git (bonus directory).

I think that's all there is to say about this one, have fun !

Oh yeah, a link to the download page can help since there is no icon around the forum for that : http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

Oh, and there is no cheats.cfg file or neocheats.cfg file anymore because they are not needed anymore !

And I can't guarantee all the cheats will work, because I couldn't possibly test everything, but I can promise most of them will work... !

Edited by Tux

And quite a few bugs found again (related to cheats of course).

0.91.1 is under way... probably tomorrow !

The biggest one : "Set" cheats were running continually instead of just once !
And the watch cheats were forgotten in the conversion, the result did nothing simply (those which display something instead of changing it).
And a few errors with hex numbers in some cheats.
And don't try anymore to load cheats from the parent for clones, we now have all cheats, and when a clone has none it's probably not a good idea to try those of the parent, for example : pacman25, the invicibility cheat has a surprising effect !
And a bug when reading scripts which did not finish with an empty line, it often produced a crash when trying to activate the last cheat of the list !

0.91.1 should be much better, but I prefer to do that in the morning !

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

I just posted 0.91.1. Since last night :

- lots of hex numbers were not identified in the cheats conversion from the xml, much better now (particularly for the masks)
 - cheats using watches with loops inside are now supported !
 - you could not disable sound, not sure if it was for all drivers but probably. Setting emulate sound = no and then going back to the game was reseting this to yes ! I guess nobody tried to disable the sound for a very long time ! It's fixed, but notice that some games don't like to have sound disabled and you can get errors if you try to do that (in neogeo for example, you get a nice error about the z80 !).

That's quite a lot of fixes, oh well the conversion was huge, I couldn't hope to have everything right in 1 go, let's just hope it's closer to perfect now !

Still the same link : http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Tux! Thanks a lot for improving the cheats system and for adding the command list for the games. I hadn't thought about that but this is actually really useful especially for some unknown fighting games.

Talking about fighting games, I don't remember if I have already reported this bug in the old forum. It's those weird rectangles in some KOF96 story scenes.

Take a look:

de9f521342892084.jpg

28053a1342892086.jpg

c23e7a1342892089.jpg

1548691342892090.jpg

79e5931342892092.jpg

Maybe it's something to do with the blend files? Anyway, I've provided a savestate before each of those scenes are shown so you could check and possibly investigate it if you haven't already. Just wait some seconds and the scenes will show.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CqM92c71YLT2860piJ3jb-BmizayCwhh

I believe that's it for this report.

Thanks again for your time and sorry if I've really reported this before. 😊

Are u sure there's something wrong ? Maybe it's just a way to make sure the subtitles stay readable even with a white background !

It's not the blend files, they add transparency for some sprites, that's all, they wouldn't hide anything.

Hum, there is a slight change in the intro when disabling the blend files, you can just rename the directory to do that fast, or there is an option in the gui to disable them. I am not convinced your save states show a real bug though...

By the way did you know save states are also dependent on the bios used apparently ? Using the universal bios 4 with them creates a crash on the 1st one, the 3.2 version or the old europe bios both work. Anyway... !

Edited by Tux

3 hours ago, Tux said:

Are u sure there's something wrong ? Maybe it's just a way to make sure the subtitles stay readable even with a white background !

Hey Tux! Thanks for the fast reply. I forgot to say I had tested this issue in FBA (currently FBNeo) and these weird squares/rectangles don't show in the picture there.

But they don't have anything to do with the subtitles. Just pay attention to the third picture posted above, where you have three characters in the scene. You can see there are two rectangles in the man's clothes that makes you see through it. So, this wasn't supposed to happen. In the fourth picture, you have a grayish little square below the red eye. I suppose the others are more evident, but I may reupload them with marks if you need me to pinpoint what's wrong.

I'll try to disable the blend files to see if it fixes this glitch. If it does fix it, it will be a relief, although it's interesting that only a very minor part of the picture would be affected by it, no?

Thanks again for your attention.

PS: sorry, I didn't know save states are bios dependent. I still use the 3.2 version of unibios because I don't see many advantages in the 4.0 version.

Yeah dependent on blend files, and it's normal the blend files just affect some transparency to some sprites, if the sprites are used more than once you run this kind of risk, and it's clearly the case here.

And 0.91.2 is posted :

- the cheats about the audio cpu didn't work, it's fixed.
 - Another fix for some scripts which were incorrectly identified as "Set" scripts, like for mslug "Hit Anywhere" (it has an "off" part, and so these cheats didn't work, executing only their "Off" part when you tried to activate them).
 - and the gui bug which wasn't showing an updated joystick control for some inputs

It's a small update compared to 0.91.1, maybe the last for this 0.91 version ?

Edited by Tux

3 hours ago, Dysonthion said:

Encountered an error involving "libFLAC-8.dll" where the aforementioned is not found. Is there a fix?

The dlls package above the binaries for versions >= 0.90 maybe ?

On 5/7/2020 at 1:57 AM, Tux said:

The dlls package above the binaries for versions >= 0.90 maybe ?

Now I'm getting a "unable to start correctly 0xc000007b" error. Is there a fix? To explain further, when I open in WinRar, the symbol that's supposed to appear with the raine.exe (to the left of the name) is not there, that and, even more strangely, the Application designation is flashing in a "seizure warning" esque way. 

Edited by Dysonthion