• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robert

ARCADE 0.212

ARCADE 32/64 0.212 are released.

Download location: http://arcade.mameworld.info/

Changes:

- The artwork options to turn on/off marquees, control panels, overlays, bezels and backdrops have been removed to line up with Mame.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Any idea why I get an error saying **Error loading plugin.ini** whenever I load a game after updating to 0.212? The game runs fine after clicking ok on the error window.

Capture.JPG

Edited by uvsthem

There were changes made in MAME. You have to make sure that pluginspath points to the plugins folder.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Robert said:

There were changes made in MAME. You have to make sure that pluginspath points to the plugins folder.

It's already pointed in to the plugins/present folder, what we do next? Still continues the same error after the next run. And i try to change in to mame.ini using my folder and it does the same thing. Thanks.

Edited by Hyperscorpio

Do you have a plugin.ini? Where is it?

Posted (edited)

Looks like there is a bug in PLUGIN.INI creation at startup.... Fresh install, PLUGIN.INI is created but it is empty. And so it is when you exit the emulator. It is saved again but it's an empty file.

In WINUI_OPTS.CPP around line 1849:

while (iter.next(pluginpath))
{
	opts.scan_directory(pluginpath,false);
}

Looking at how it is used in CLIFRONT.CPP should be:

while (iter.next(pluginpath))
{
	osd_subst_env(pluginpath, pluginpath);
	opts.scan_directory(pluginpath, true);
}

I don't know if it is correct fix, but I used the code above in my source and PLUGIN.INI is correctly created.

Edited by mamesick
  • Thanks 1

Are you gonna make another ARCADE build when fix is made please Robert

It would be appreciated by all ARCADE members.

Please & Thanks

Version 0.212.A will be uploaded soon.

I'm having trouble with my modem (slow speeds), so it needs to be rebooted as soon as my current download finishes.

New version 0.212.A uploaded, tell me if it fixes the problem (which never occurred on my setup).

So, to get technical... I have a .\plugin.ini which is an old version from 3 years ago. I also had ini\plugin.ini which was 3 bytes and therefore corrupt. It seems the old version prevented the error message, even though it's a useless file. So, implanted mamesick's code, now ini\plugin.ini was much larger and no longer corrupt.

Now, Arcade saves the settings in ini\mame.ini, rather than plugins.ini. On exit, plugins.ini was found to be data 1 and everything else 0, regardless of the mame.ini settng, and regardless of what was there before. I don't know if this is ok or not.

So download and test it, see if there's any plugin bugs.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

All is working fine now. About the values in PLUGIN.INI, those are the default values, read by the core in the \plugins\ directory.

Each plugin has its own directory with a plugin.json file that contains a value for "START" which is true or false. This becomes 1 or 0 in the INI file.

You can edit manually the file to enable or not a plugin before startup but at the exit the PLUGIN.INI file will be saved again with default values, so user changes will be lost. This because the saving routine will read again the \plugin\ directory and will store again the default values in the .json files. Weird.

This happens here too. It's something that probably needs investigation. Though plugins can be enabled directly in the core in "Miscellaneous II" section of Default Game Options and will stay stored forever until user will change them again. So maybe this solution is the best one and PLUGIN.INI support could be dropped out.

Edited by mamesick