Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robert

ARCADE 0.211

Posted (edited)

Please use these patches if you need them.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/e0dv2345exidee8/arcade_patches.zip/file
(If Mamesick has already uploaded the same one, please ignore this post)

I’m also  always want to help you as much as I can. 😺🎶
I love the nice UI and features of ARCADE.  (of course from the time it was called MAMEUIFX)
ARCADE forever!

Edited by demonkatze
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Robert said:

Yeah, I'm still seriously thinking of stopping this project - I just don't have the time. We'll see.

There's a number of pull requests from the same person (npwoods) at https://github.com/mamedev/mame/pulls

which have the potential to cause more trouble. While they are in that list, they are not yet in. Have a look at them if you want.

Those patches don't seem to be too much invasive for Arcade source code. I also have some doubts they will be implemented soon.

If it's destiny that this project will end, fine. I sincerely cannot take the whole job again in my hands. Yes, we'll see.

10 hours ago, demonkatze said:

Please use these patches if you need them.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/e0dv2345exidee8/arcade_patches.zip/file
(If Mamesick has already uploaded the same one, please ignore this post)

CAVE and SSV are already included. CPS1 patch has been removed. It's up to Robert decide to re-implement it or not. Personally, I find that underclock hack too outdated, it's 15 years that is floating around......

4 hours ago, mamesick said:

CAVE and SSV are already included.

I thought so. Thank you mamesick!

4 hours ago, mamesick said:

Personally, I find that underclock hack too outdated, it's 15 years that is floating around......

Wow... when I examined it, MAME version at that time was still about 0.84. :holeymoley:
I don't know at all about this time.

I don't know how much Your patches differ from mine but in case something might be usefull I'll post here my diff that I'm using with my custom groovymame build. Besides hacks/mods that are already in ARCADE32/64 there some modifications for other drivers.

patches_211.7z

• Thanks 2

There's a plan underway to convert all video output to a new format (argb32). So, there's no point right now adding back the neogeo scanline hack etc.

However the author of the change is having 2nd thoughts due to this change possibly making MAME run even slower than it does now. We'll see.

If things settle down (as in no change), then I'll probably add the neogeo thing.

Added the f3_taito hack. Also the neogeo scanline thing, it was almost all there already, only had to update one file that wasn't in haynor's diff. Don't know if it works though, don't know what to look for in what game.

Also the argb32 thing hasn't happened yet, still don't know if it will.

src\mame\video\neogeo_spr.cpp