• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robert

ARCADE 0.211

Posted (edited)

Ok, the updating job seems done.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p33g8p8pcnwefn2/ARCADE.7z/file

The source, except for the \SCRIPTS\ directory (I don't know why all those files are there) is in sync with this commit:

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/f122bb805a2d9a14257d3de804d804ec56694a39

No time to compile, but all should work. WINUI is updated and fixed, all ARTWORK options are gone from the core and a small fix was needed by GAME_OPTS.H to compile properly. UI files are all updated, the color codes are still alive.

\DRIVERS\ and \VIDEO\ are updated too, TAITO_F3 is back and so the RASTER_HACK for NEOGEO.CPP.

All core files are updated.

It's mandatory that if exists, \INI\UI.INI have to be deleted before start the emulator.

I'll leave to  you Robert the fun to check some DRIVERS changes I implemented and ported to your source. If you don't like them, you can simply revert/remove them. Mostly are resolution fixes.

Let me know if there are issues with the source as soon as possible.

Side note: this black scheme for the forum is really eyes-unfriendly. Would not be possible use a light scheme? :)

Edited by mamesick

Posted (edited)

Sorry the file MOPTIONS.CPP is not included in the package. I will upload tomorrow now i am away from home. It contains the color codes....

Edited by mamesick

I've downloaded those 2 files, don't know yet when I'll have time to work on them.

I also do not like the dark theme (skin), so I use the "Default" light theme. There's a theme chooser at the bottom of the screen.

On 7/7/2019 at 7:31 PM, mamesick said:

My local source code is different in some ways from current ARCADE 0.211 one, I never implemented some of your changes.

What things did you not implement?

I still have to check all the WINUI code but surely there's no JPEG support, screenshots are loaded differently (why in Arcade check for "system" name?), treeview folders are not ordered alphabetically but there's a "logic" order.... Just to name a few.

Found a few minutes, applied some of your fixes. Had a compile error in game_opts.h, fixed that, now ARCADE crashes at start.

I have to work on other things now. Perhaps I'll get more time later.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Robert said:

Found a few minutes, applied some of your fixes. Had a compile error in game_opts.h, fixed that, now ARCADE crashes at start.

I have a bad feeling that your caching code in GAME_OPTS.H is the cause of the crash. I haven't it included in my source, I don't need it for the moment because my personal build support only around 160 source files in ARCADE.FLT so my startup is in practice immediate, no need to cache all the emulation flags and so on. I support only the drivers with games I play, shame to me... :)

Seriously, I'd like to help more than this but it's too hot here and I cannot start a SYMBOLS build to debug the crash. It would take too much time and my PC and my two HDDs overheat easily.

When it crashes? Immediately after the splash screen, during the building of folders or later on? I'm curious.

Edited by mamesick

Decided to have another look at game_opts.h and found a null pointer in use. Moved a line and then it worked.

So far I've only done the bare minimum to get it working again - removed the 5 artwork options (properties.cpp, mameui.rc), fixed game_opts.h, used all your UI files. That's all.

CPS1 had a compile error (some old code was in there) so I simply put the MAME version in.

This is great from you.

CPS1 error was probably the CPU speed hack for SF2T, the famous underclock to have correct speed. I encountered in your source, yes, but probably I have forgotten to update/remove it.

I don't think it's a big loss. Though if you want to re-implement it or not, I'm fine with your decision.

Maybe I've been too harsh in one of my previous post, though don't forget that I'm still around. If you need help or are too busy to keep your source updated, simply try to ask. I cannot assure I will be always available, but I'll try to do my best and I'm sure others here think the same. Reverting all features is not the best way to proceed, until there's no other choice.

Yeah, I'm still seriously thinking of stopping this project - I just don't have the time. We'll see.

There's a number of pull requests from the same person (npwoods) at https://github.com/mamedev/mame/pulls

which have the potential to cause more trouble. While they are in that list, they are not yet in. Have a look at them if you want.