Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robert

ARCADE 0.211

Posted (edited)

Well, looks like taito_f3 changes are gone this time.

diff -Nru src/mame/video/taito_f3.cpp src-fx/mame/video/taito_f3.cpp
--- src/mame/video/taito_f3.cpp	Thu Jun 27 02:46:55 2019
+++ src-fx/mame/video/taito_f3.cpp	Tue Jul  2 16:31:20 2019
@@ -1830,8 +1830,17 @@
 		_y_zoom[y] = (line_zoom & 0xff) << 9;

/* Evaluate clipping */
-		if (pri & 0x0800)
-			line_enable = 0;
+
+		/* Notes:
+		   kludge: line-disable breaks quizhuhu text & landmakr "you win / you lose" text. [april 23, 2017 -dink]
+		   somehow I think 0x0800 has nothing to do with line-disable.
+		   although tcobra2 uses this to clip the sides of the playfield
+		*/
+
+		if (pri & 0x0800 && m_game != LANDMAKR)
+		{
+ 			line_enable = 0;
+		}
 		else if (pri & 0x0330)
 		{
 			//fast path todo - remove line enable
@@ -1974,6 +1983,10 @@
 		else
 			line_enable = 1;

+		if (m_game == ARABIANM && line_enable) 
+			line_enable = 1; 	// kludge: arabianm missing cutscene text april.21.2017_dink
+
+
 		line_t->pri[y] = pri;

/* Evaluate clipping */
@@ -2235,10 +2248,17 @@
 				{
 					if (alpha_type == 1)
 					{
-						/* if (m_alpha_level_2as == 0   && m_alpha_level_2ad == 255)
-						 *     alpha_mode[i]=3; alpha_mode_flag[i] |= 0x80; }
-						 * will display continue screen in gseeker (mt 00026) */
-						if      (m_alpha_level_2as == 0   && m_alpha_level_2ad == 255) alpha_mode[i] = 0;
+						if (m_alpha_level_2as == 0 && m_alpha_level_2ad == 255)
+						{
+							if (m_game == GSEEKER)  /* will display continue screen in gseeker (mt 00026) */
+							{
+								alpha_mode[i]=3; 
+								alpha_mode_flag[i] |= 0x80;
+							}
+							else 
+								alpha_mode[i]=0;
+						}
+
 						else if (m_alpha_level_2as == 255 && m_alpha_level_2ad ==   0) alpha_mode[i] = 1;
 					}
 					else if (alpha_type == 2)

Tested gseeker, arabianm.

Edited by haynor666

Yes, cam900 made so many changes that it was impossible to keep the hack code, for example m_game is gone.

4 hours ago, Robert said:

Yes, cam900 made so many changes that it was impossible to keep the hack code, for example m_game is gone.

That's not true. M_GAME is still valid. The diff posted by Haynor666 compiles without problem with current GIT. Please re-implement it.

Posted (edited)

gseeker and arabianm were tested. Both games works as expected but I didn't tested all taito F3 games.

m_f3_game is gone but it was replaced by m_game.

Robbert, I ask You some time to post problems with hacks. If I can I will help You maintain ARCADE code. Right now You posted only 

Changes:

- None.

Which is not true.

Edited by haynor666
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I could help too, I have here in my local source fixes/hacks that seems are gone away in ARCADE. I have no time to check all of them, but I'm pretty sure that for example CAVE.CPP Refresh rate is lost, SSV resolutions changes idem..... Didn't checked NeoGeo, but it seems the raster-hack is gone too.

I could mantain the hacks regularly, maybe with a delay of one/two days from official release. Though if there's no interest and the new development policy is "I DON'T CARE, I MUST RELEASE IT" simply to have more time to dedicate to the MESS side of the project, let us know Robert. We all know that you are also a MAME Developer, so there's nothing wrong with it, but I don't like to see the ARCADE project "abandoned" or "bastardized" simply for that reason. TAITO_F3.CPP hacks were very simple to update to CAM900 changes, it was only a matter of renaming a couple of variables, but it seems you have been too lazy to have a look and do the job.

My opinion, nothing personal or against you.

Edited by mamesick
  • Like 1

Neo-geo raster hacks needs investigation for sure.

Well it seems you guys are not happy. It is true I spend most time either on MESS-related or personal matters, and I don't have time to dedicate to development of Arcade.

When some hack breaks I don't have time to investigate how to fix it, but you do. Call it lazy if you want.

Therefore I should hand the project over to you.

Also I need to tell you that many changes are coming to internal UI which most likely break the hacks we have there. For example all the colour codes are changed and winui would not compile. So I rejected all the changes but I don't know how long I can resist.

So you must decide what is to happen. I will not release Arcade if you're not happy with it.

There is nothing wrong that You don't have time, I understand this. Just inform us about problems. I'm not programmer but if I can I will help.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Robert said:

Also I need to tell you that many changes are coming to internal UI which most likely break the hacks we have there. For example all the colour codes are changed and winui would not compile. So I rejected all the changes but I don't know how long I can resist.

My local source is updated and works fine. Color codes must be moved from UI.H to MOPTIONS.CPP in HEX format. The only thing users will need is to delete /INI/UI.INI before starts the emulator. WINUI compiles fine, a couple of fixes are needed though. My local source code is different in some ways from current ARCADE 0.211 one, I never implemented some of your changes. If I'll have time, I'll try to sync my changes with yours, so some features will not go away. This could require some days, we'll see what will happen.

Edited by mamesick
  • Thanks 1