• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robert

ARCADE 0.209

ARCADE 32/64 0.209 are released.

Download location: http://arcade.mameworld.info/

Changes:

- The 64-bit build is now built with GCC 8.3, same as official MAME. The 32-bit build continues to be built with GCC 5.3, for XP compatibility.

- Added preliminary support for jpg/jpeg pictures. Order of precedence: .png .jpg .jpeg
- Fixed a bug where sometimes 7z files would be ignored when showing pictures

Please note that midnrun will crash during the attract mode. You need to turn the DRC off for this game. This bug is logged on Mametesters and we await a fix.

• Thanks 1

I'm not suprised that nobody is interested in fixing x32 build problems. What exact problems are with 32 build right now with latest tools?

Latest version of 32-bit GCC is 7.4 for whatever reason it hasn't kept pace with the 64-bit version.

There's nothing seriously wrong with 7.4, but the result doesn't work on XP.  Since Mamedev official release uses 7.4, I make an XP version using 5.3 while it can compile. Eventually 5.3 won't be supported anymore, and that will be the end of XP.

Also, Windows 7 support ends early next year, so if we want to use Windows we'll be stuck with the god-awful Windows 10. It probably won't be long before I drop 32-bit support entirely.

Sad times ahead.

Posted (edited)

For some time (probably long) mame despite lack of support from microsoft will support windows 7. I'm still going to use windows 7 even without patches.

As for 32 builds it's a matter of time. All new computers from couple years back are supplied with x64 systems so almost nobody (some owners of old cabs will probably forced to upgrade OS and hardware) will cry when support ends.

Edited by haynor666

Just to let you know, I won't be putting in any more adjustments for the visible area of games.

The reason is that you can adjust it with the sliders, and it will be saved. No more need of hard-coded values.

Sliders corrections are ugly because there are made using integer rather floating point scaling and that are clearly visible on screen especially on scrolling. Gang Busters looks really bad with those black borders not too mention it's wrong aspect ratio this way.

You may also re-consider https://www.1emulation.com/forums/topic/36118-arcade-0206/?do=findComment&comment=362107 as it fixes some graphical glitches in neo-geo games.