Raine 0.64.16 Translation, Bugs, Features Req.

Turrican^

wow I finally reach the end of this (except for the video bugs which will be one day... !).

For the neocd screenshots : not convinced, it would have to scan the directories before you select them for that to be any useful, so it would slow things down with some input/output. Then when you are in the directory it's too late, you are seconds away of seeing the real thing in action... !

For compressing isos : there are actually 2 ways, you can gzip the iso, but it's quite unefficient. The best way is to extract the files from it and put them in a zip, it will be better compressed than simply ziping the iso and super fast. At this point you can just get rid of the cue file, just point raine to the zip you just made, it should guess about the audio tracks when needed (assuming of course their track number is in their name !).

Added crc info in the error message ok, 7z doesn't display the crc but anyway...

For the button 2 to cancel, it's "standard" behavior, it works also with a pad/joystick, the 2nd button is assumed to be used to cancel, it's esc on the keyboard.

A little weird at start, but convenient when you are used to it.

And you get a link to this compiled windows version, full package with locales updated inside, including the italian one, that's the least I can do :

https://mega.nz/#!KRcyxYqY!hQvPgdeea5SRZo6LYk9tY7SSfc0dNhe-Rpb6SqSnp3w

since 1emulation seems unreliable for now, I keep mega... !

and thanks again for the time you spent on this !

Edited by Tux

Hi Tux, I read everything, but at the moment I do not have free time to reply, as soon as I can I'll check the new test build.

Good idea to upload files on mega.nz (at least for test builds), Thank you for your work.

EDIT: Take note that replacing SDL v1 to v2 will kill any future Raine porting to other OSs, such as AmigaOS, RiscOS, QNX, BeOS/Zeta/Haiku, MacOS9, FreeOS-Win32layer, Ouya console and similar. On these platforms SDL v2 is NOT available. I think it's ok to support SDL v2, but at least leave in support for SDL v1 as well.

EDIT2: https://pastebin.com/U2AmqrX6 <--- here you can find an example of a NeoCD .CUE-file NOT working on current version of Raine. It works ok on NeoRaine and Raine until v0.64.1 (if I remember correctly). All my NGCD games are in this format: CUE (.ISO+.MP3).

Edited by Turrican^

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2019 at 11:33 AM, Turrican^ said:

HEDIT: Take note that replacing SDL v1 to v2 will kill any future Raine porting to other OSs, such as AmigaOS, RiscOS, QNX, BeOS/Zeta/Haiku, MacOS9, FreeOS-Win32layer, Ouya console and similar. On these platforms SDL v2 is NOT available. I think it's ok to support SDL v2, but at least leave in support for SDL v1 as well.

Switching to sdl2 would not be easy anyway and it's not planned at all for now, even if it would be a good idea on some aspects.

It's the problem with raine : too full of low level stuff, it pushes things to the limit and here changing from sdl1 to sdl2 would be almost as hard as what it was to change from allegro to sdl1 !

EDIT2: https://pastebin.com/U2AmqrX6 <--- here you can find an example of a NeoCD .CUE-file NOT working on current version of Raine. It works ok on NeoRaine and Raine until v0.64.1 (if I remember correctly). All my NGCD games are in this format: CUE (.ISO+.MP3).

Ok, thanks for the report, if I am not mistaken it's something from november 2014 (!) which was supposed to help to load broken cue files where somebody renames all the files to the same base name without changing the cue file.

But the surprise here is that the bug is only if the iso given in the cue file is not exactly the one on disk, like an iso.gz file on disk while there is an "iso" file in the cue file. So most of my cue files worked, only the one testing an iso.gz file could not work. To be sure I tested again most of my cue files and everything works.

It makes sense, in 5 years I guess I should have a few reports about broken cue files, it had to be specific, but I am not 100% sure I found the right bug for you, you'll have to test again.

Also I fixed the error case where the iso really can't be found from a cue file, in this case raine displayed an error message but crashed anyway after it.

So I am not 100% certain I found your specific bug, so you get a new binary, very long delay for the reply because of broken 1emulation, the new one looks better...

rainew.7z

Edited by Tux

• 3 weeks later...

welcome back to the forum!

I'll check everything from start asap since I think I forgot anything :P

EDIT: CUE loading seems ok, an error loading KOG96collection: 

"Region out of bounds (0). Possible values:"

no values on "Possible values:", anyway the game starts

Edited by Turrican^