Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haynor666

Visible area modifications

I'm trying to change some resolutions (Gang Buster, Thunder Cross, Gladiator, MadCrash) in thunderx.cpp and snk.cpp but so far I really don't know how this can be done with all these recent changes. From what I can see I cannot use MCFG_ anymore. Any advise, please?

Seems I don't fully understand how to use m_screen and screen parameters. I didn't have any problems with system1.

Edited by haynor666

I haven't understood how the new mechanism works too but this should work for example for thunderx.cpp

subdevice<screen_device>("screen")->set_visarea(14*8, (64-14)*8-1, 2*8, 30*8-1);

You must put this in the derived machine_config you want to modify. In thunderx.cpp for example you should find SCONTRA(CONFIG) in the derived machine_configs and add the line.

In this way you can also change refresh rate and so on.

Hope this helps.

And that did the trick in both cases. So, I can directly screen from it's defined device.

I'll again convince Robbert to implement patches for Thunder Cross and Gang Busters. Those black borders are really annoying :/

Many thanks MameSick for help and Happy New Year to You :))