Samurai Shodown 5 - bad or worst?

I've waited too long, hoping to see new samurai shodown 5, but all I can see is some kind of junk from one newbie-company. It is shame that they crap all game. eh... not all ofcourse - they cannot trash everythin - I like few sound effects, few speech and few costumes and character images but that's all :< They removed fatalities, combos and so on :<

I am interested which one of you guys and girs likes/dislikes SamSho5 ?

P.S. Thanks to google and hours of searching I found this place and download samsho5 roms. Hope new year to get you more fame and to be easy to find because you're good site :D

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a good game, granted could have been alot better. They shouldn't have removed the fatalaties and some of the moves, my biggest gripe is that some of the new characters are nothing but th eold character's "bust" style. Speaking of which I think that removing the "slash" and "bust" styles for each character was a terrible idea on SNK's part. It removes alot of depth from the gameplay. On the otherhand it still plays well and most of the new characters are welcome additions.

Oh well hopefully they'll make a Samurai Shodown 6 (or zero 2) that will see the return of the styles, teh fatalaties and all the little things that made SS so great. Since SNK's switching over to atomsware, hopefully the next SS will have nice high resolution sprites and anime cut scenes like GG. But thats just me being hopeful.

Honestly, I am quite disappointed with this game. :P Compared to Samurai Shodown 1, I don't see much difference! I haven't played Samurai Shodown series much, but graphics level is still around the same, one attack does like 1/4 of the whole life bar, it's just not good compared to other series like KOF. But I think it's still worth downloading it. :D

i hate to say this but samsho 5 really suck, my samsho 4 geek frens just laugh

playin with it, i missed the bust ukyo, hanzo's qcb+a was cut slower even in pow

mode.. :D

I think there are some cool things in SSV like the time slow technique and meditation but I sure do miss the 14-hit combos. I liked the slash/bust versions as they made characters more expandable and the music was definitely better in SSIV. The character selection screen is the only thing that I see more improvement in. I swear, SNK should transfer SS to that new board they are putting Kof 2004 on. Also, Guilty Gear X2 quality graphics would be VERY nice...

Meh...it's alright. Could have been a lot better! The graphics haven't improved at all. But since I'm not much of a graphics whore, that doesn't bother me. What bothers me more is the removal of the No Contest moves and Bust/Slash options.

The addition of the new characters is pretty cool, though.

I was really excited to get the rom but I am a bit disappointed. But hey, it's still Samurai Showdown :( Get the rom anyway, it's worth it.

Samurai Showdown 4 is still the best.

Meh...it's alright. Could have been a lot better! The graphics haven't improved at all. But since I'm not much of a graphics whore, that doesn't bother me. What bothers me more is the removal of the No Contest moves and Bust/Slash options.

The addition of the new characters is pretty cool, though.

I was really excited to get the rom but I am a bit disappointed. But hey, it's still Samurai Showdown :( Get the rom anyway, it's worth it.

Samurai Showdown 4 is still the best.

The exclusion of No Contest mobes is a drawback, but at least I find that the POW Specials are easier to pull off. Meditation is also cool.

I also miss the CD 15-hit combo, and the selectable control methods. (not talking about Bust/Slash, but the other one.)

Edited by Agozer

if snk move all their new games to the atomsware doesn't that mean we wont be seeing no more neogeo versions?, so does that mean snk could bring out a new console with the atomsware board in it?, and let me know if im wrong but isent the atomsware pretty much just a dreamcast?, if so i take it we will be seeing all of snks new games on ps2, and xbox, and gc and maybe dc too, so no more home versions on an snk console ^_^, and that also means no emulation of the arecade neogeo games for some time to come, as im 99.9% sure the atomsware is not emulated yet.

if snk move all their new games to the atomsware doesn't that mean we wont be seeing no more neogeo versions?, so does that mean snk could bring out a new console with the atomsware board in it?, and let me know if im wrong but isent the atomsware pretty much just a dreamcast?, if so i take it we will be seeing all of snks new games on ps2, and xbox, and gc and maybe dc too, so no more home versions on an snk console ^_^, and that also means no emulation of the arecade neogeo games for some time to come, as im 99.9% sure the atomsware is not emulated yet.

I'm am 200% sure that Atomsware isn't emulated yet and will not be for a long time.

And SNK is dead, Playmore owns the rights now. Well, to put it in another way, SNK lives through Playmore

Edited by Agozer