Metal Slug 5 on KAWA-X

N3oGhost

Zero,

You need to be using KawaX SE. It doesn't require you to change the ROM file names and the games real names show up in the menu.

xboxcavalier,

Just look on page seven of this thread. MrX posted a link to the P1 you need to run MSlug 5 in Kawaks/KawaX. He is working on a new default.xbe that will allow you to run MSlug 5 and will allow RotD to run without the life gauges being glitched. But he has not yet released it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at the point now where I can get it to start up, but it freaks out when you start playing. I used the kof2k1nd rom set as a sacrifice set...

I split the new p1 rom that Mr X linked to into a 1meg p1 and a 5 meg p2

But this is just all screwey. What's the deal, can anyone help me?

Herblb, you should cut that iso down to just mslug5 and the emu to run it on xbox. Im sure everyone already has those roms n itll make the dl much faster. Or you could just put the emu out cause most of us here have the mslug5 file and can get the new p1 on this thread. BTW still no sources on that torrent.

I think that would not make much sense because in order to be able to run (at least if you add the roms of those games not included by yourself) all games I used a special boot menue. If I seperated the only the emulator without any rom you would not be able to play svc chaos bootleg (because I used svcbl as romname) with the same kawax.

By the way, while I am browsing that forum 5 people started downloading...

OK, here´s the ed-link for kawax with mslug5 (using romnames from svcbl):

ed2k://|file|xbox_metal.slug.5_with_kawax.rar|32768546|235BBD1C36C26D1FAC36E7743AEFFA90

|/

Hope I helped at least a little bit....

Edited by herbalb

easiest way for you is to rename it as svcbl and it works perfect ;) what i did before was replace svcbl as mslug5 but i found out that he only added one set of v roms and a m1 for the svc's (very smart to have the emu look for the same roms in different zips hehe) :P

Edited by Prican25

STRANGE release though. Hit your back button in console mode, you'll get some weird japanese debug screen. Plus I had couldn't get Tarma to shoot his weapon at first, and I don't know why.

Metal Slug 4 also has the debug mode popup if you pause the game in console mode. The reason for not being able to fire was probaly because it seems like console mode in Metal Slug games wants you to go into the options and assign all the buttons. Seems weird, but I just checked and Metal Slug 3 was that way too. I guess they figured if you were playing it on a console, you might want to reconfigure your buttons.

easiest way for you is to rename it as svcbl and it works perfect

How can I call hex edited Kawa-X SE with 2 default.xbe + mslug5n support ?

HacKawa-X ? LoL

Kawa-Hex ? LooooL

Kawa-WX (Kawa-Double X -> 2 default.xbe) ? LooooooooL

Edited by Mr.X

We'll i got a lil package off of NG called New Kawa-X SE Default.xbe + Mslug5 Rom. When i installed the new default.xbe overwriting my old one the menu changed to Kawa-X for Newer Games in my xbox menu. But the SVC wont work. So i just took the new default.xbe added in the neogeozip, the mslug rom and the rest of the emulator files from the kawa x se folder. Made a new folder called Kawa X SE 2. Copied dat baby over and now i have to kawa x options in my menu. Kawa X SE and Kawa X SE for Newer Games. The first one is for all the Old goodies ie Sam Sho 5, SVC Chaos, Cthd 03 and whatever. And the Kawa X SE for Newer Games is what i use to Play Mslug 5. Let metal slug sit in his on little special program where no one bothers him since he wants to act nutty when everyone else *SVC Chaos Roms* are around. I can email the new default.xbe i got and peeps can use it like i did. :rolleyes: