Metal Slug 5 on KAWA-X

N3oGhost

they can notice Jockey GP & V-Liner are missing

funny you just mentioned those 2 cuz i was gonna ask if its possible to add them

About V-Liner I know it's possible. But about Jockey GP, it's difficult, because it uses V-Liner M1 rom + M1 rom in his own romset.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a good idea :

I will make a default.xbe with : kof2k2nd, rotdn, pim, svcplus, svcbl, samsho5 & mslug4nd. That allows to add S1 in rotdn.

& I will modify a second default.xbe like the original to add CTHD 2003 as kof2k1nd clone & mslug5nd instead of garoup (prototype) -> garoun (predecrypted ) kof 99nd (predecrypted) will stay fully playable. The removed games will be prototypes : kof99p & garoup.

Thats kinda like what i said, my idea was good after all.

Can FBAX use virtual memory now?, if so then it looks like it will be the best way to go for neogeo emulation.

some ppl collect all the roms but i personaly don't care for the prototypes so bring out the new xbes <_<

also, what do you plan to do for kof2k3 when its out?

About kof 2003, I don't know because there won't be games to remove.

You said : "some ppl collect all the roms" ; they can notice Jockey GP & V-Liner are missing.

But if your gonna be bringing out 2 emus, why can't you add it to the 2nd one whenever the rom is released??.

Too bad no one ever posted that SE build with all those games on suprnova before. Then X could release a hex edited version just for mslug5, later on maybe he can release an updated version for kof2003. So that way there would only be 3 installs of Kawa-X. The original Kawa-X, Kawa-X Plus SE and all the games it supports, and a final build that runs mslug5, later updated for kof2003 if that can be done.

Otherwise, people will end up with like 4-5 versions of the same emu on their xboxes.

I'm prefectly fine running an extra copy of KawaX as long as I can play MSlug5 and have the RotD problem cleared up. I'll just give the default.xbe another name. Whatever it takes to have all the game running 100%. Thanks!

Too bad no one ever posted that SE build with all those games on suprnova before. Then X could release a hex edited version just for mslug5, later on maybe he can release an updated version for kof2003.

There is no reason someone can't package SE and the new one MrX is working on togther and post them on Suprnova with a readme file that explains everything. In fact it might be better to do it that way. Then the poster can also hex edit the default.xbe files so that they each have an unique name.

Edited by Thraxen

I'm prefectly fine running an extra copy of KawaX as long as I can play MSlug5 and have the RotD problem cleared up.    I'll just give the default.xbe another name.  Whatever it takes to have all the game running 100%.  Thanks!

All I have is the original, the plus version that was posted on suprnova, and now a build for samsho5. Now I'm going to have 4, for mslug5. Then there's going to be one for kof2003. Thats 5 total. And I still havent gotten the 8meg p1 that allows ROTD to run arcade and console modes. God what a mess.

EDIT: I realize now that my samsho5 build can run the ROTD I mentioned, so that takes out one. <_<

Edited by rd1979

I'm prefectly fine running an extra copy of KawaX as long as I can play MSlug5 and have the RotD problem cleared up.    I'll just give the default.xbe another name.  Whatever it takes to have all the game running 100%.  Thanks!

All I have is the original, the plus version that was posted on suprnova, and now a build for samsho5. Now I'm going to have 4, for mslug5. Then there's going to be one for kof2003. Thats 5 total. And I still havent gotten the 8meg p1 that allows ROTD to run arcade and console modes. God what a mess.

EDIT: I realize now that my samsho5 build can run the ROTD I mentioned, so that takes out one. <_<

All we are looking for is a mean to reduce Kawa-X default.xbe numbers on our X-Box. For the moment, we need 2 default.xbe to play all the games perfectly.

But when KoF 2k3 will be out I've no alternative to keep it with original roms names.

So when are you going to release your new XBE that runs MSlug5 and RotD?  Also, does anyone know where I can get the new P1 for MSlug5 that works with KawaX?

There :

Edited by Prican25

hehe i just noticed another prob with my hexing, there was only 1 m1 as well but svcplus loads up fine if the v roms and m1 was renamed to 268_xx.rom

Mr X, whenever you can get those xbe'x done can you plz email them thx