ARCADE 0.189

Robert

Looks like there's a bug in the "DriverIsImperfect()" function. I don't see anymore in the status bar the "Working with problems" message. Also, Right-click on an "imperfect" game and select "Information" shows only that is Working with green text when instead it the text should be yellow and the flags should be listed. Tested with Denjin Makai, which is known to have Imperfect Colors. The GUI says it's Working.

I guess that this portion of code which appears in WINUI_UTIL.CPP twice:

gameinfo->isImperfect = ((info.machine_flags() & (MACHINE_IS_INCOMPLETE | MACHINE_NO_SOUND_HW))
			|| (info.unemulated_features() & (device_t::feature::PALETTE || device_t::feature::GRAPHICS || device_t::feature::SOUND))
			|| (info.imperfect_features() & (device_t::feature::PALETTE || device_t::feature::GRAPHICS || device_t::feature::SOUND)));

should be changed to bitwise operators , not logical. The device_t::features are byte flags if I understood the new core code correctly.

gameinfo->isImperfect = ((info.machine_flags() & (MACHINE_IS_INCOMPLETE | MACHINE_NO_SOUND_HW))
			|| (info.unemulated_features() & (device_t::feature::PALETTE | device_t::feature::GRAPHICS | device_t::feature::SOUND))
			|| (info.imperfect_features() & (device_t::feature::PALETTE | device_t::feature::GRAPHICS | device_t::feature::SOUND))) ? true : false;
Edited by mamesick

There's a lot of changes in the way the flags work. Not only that, but if the GAME macro says IMPERFECT_COLORS it isn't available in the flags any more. To get the correct flags now it is necessary to check the status of all attached devices as well as the game itself.

In MAMEUI the game_opts.h caching was totally rewritten, and the file is a different format than before. But the change made it easy to add whatever caching I needed for the flags. And so, MAMEUI shows the correct machine status.

This work has not yet been done in ARCADE. Hopefully it can get done in this cycle.

OK, just added the new caching method. Also, if the game doesn't support save states, the option to load it is greyed out.

Perhaps someone could compile the latest and see if there's bugs with the new caching, such as wrong status for games and so on.

Please note that according to mamedev, unemulated protection is not considered as not working, so this has been taken into account.

Also NO_SOUND_HW is not an imperfect condition, it's just a game that doesn't come with a speaker, but I haven't changed anything with that (yet).

You'll have to press F5 to refresh your roms and icons, and the game statistics are lost.

The old file is still there though, so if you want to write something to convert the stats over, you can do that.

Its nice to have a new Arcade version finally, but i think i have sayed this before but i forgot: The tourvision games are missing

OK, the answer has been found...

In ARCADE, when you show All Games, it does not include BIOSes. So to see Tourvision, you must choose BIOS from the folders on the left.

This is different to MAMEUI that shows BIOSes in with All Games.

I don't know why ARCADE is different, I guess someone requested it long ago.

I don't know why ARCADE is different, I guess someone requested it long ago.

This was implemented at least 10 years ago, when BIOSes were not runnable as stand-alone ROMS and MESS + MAME was still a dream. The filtering should be in TREEVIEW.CPP if I recall correctly. Yes, it was requested by the user base.