MESSUI and MAMEUI 0.186 released

Robert

MESSUI 0.186 and MAMEUI 0.186 have been released and is available at the usual place:

http://messui.1emulation.com/

There's no release of HBMAME.

If you're interested in computers and consoles, the following changes and notes may be of interest.

Changes:

- NEWUI: new Load Item menu: You can now load software-list items

- NEWUI: Create and Load File: SWPATH now takes priority

- Media View: Unmount now actually unmounts the software

- Media View: Fixed problem of garbage showing when it should be blank

- Media View: Fixed display of already-loaded software

- Media View: Refresh on exit of emulation

- Media View: Can load multiple slots before starting emulation (including software-list items)

- SW Files: Fixed regression of unable to load software

- SW Files: Can load multiple slots before starting emulation (single-click each item one at a time)

Notes:

- During the 0.184-0.185 cycle, a number of changes were done to command-line and software handling. With them came numerous bugs. During the 0.185-0.186 cycle, many of the bugs were squashed but many more remain. These can cause issues such as crash at start of various machines. When a crash of this nature occurs, it takes out the frontend as well.

- A big change was made a few weeks back which killed off all the winui builds. Luckily the change was reverted which is why we can make a release today. However, version 2 of the change will be trialled in a week or so, and if accepted winui will die once more. If this happens, it will take at least a few months to repair the damage. And, that's even if I feel like doing something. You have been warned!

Also, I'm going on a holiday for 2 weeks so I won't be able to answer any questions for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

- A big change was made a few weeks back which killed off all the winui builds. Luckily the change was reverted which is why we can make a release today. However, version 2 of the change will be trialled in a week or so, and if accepted winui will die once more. If this happens, it will take at least a few months to repair the damage. And, that's even if I feel like doing something. You have been warned!

I have been informed that this change won't happen this month, but in July instead.

Just checked again, still crashed. This turned out to be because neogeo contains an internal cartridge slot not available to the user. However both mameui and newui were exposing this slot, and mameui didn't like it at all, so it crashed. This has now been fixed.

Just checked again, still crashed. This turned out to be because neogeo contains an internal cartridge slot not available to the user. However both mameui and newui were exposing this slot, and mameui didn't like it at all, so it crashed. This has now been fixed.

Many thanks, Robert.