ARCADE 0.185

Robert

I don't remember what I did to fix it, but there weren't many changes needed. It took a while to find the bad code though.

I have a plan to create a store2 repository to hold the MAME Plus! source code sometime in the future, so keep an eye out for that.

Robert, mameSick is this diff ok for taito_f3? I generated this from taito_f3 taken from arcade source versus offcial 186 source.

Notice that - if (cx>=m_clip_al##pf_num && cx<m_clip_ar##pf_num && !(cx>=m_clip_bl##pf_num && cx<m_clip_br##pf_num)) \

+ if (cx>=m_clip_al##pf_num && cx<m_clip_ar##pf_num-1 && !(cx>=m_clip_bl##pf_num && cx<m_clip_br##pf_num)) \

is still here

Can some people test this out? I am totally hopeless at most games.

Same here, I still haven't noticed any difference in title screens or in the few games I'm able to test with the necessary attention. Maybe it doesn't hurt, but I wouldn't keep it in ARCADE at least until we are able to understand what this "-1" fixes in reality (or until Dink will honour us of his presence here and explain).

I don't remember what I did to fix it, but there weren't many changes needed. It took a while to find the bad code though.

I have a plan to create a store2 repository to hold the MAME Plus! source code sometime in the future, so keep an eye out for that.

Thank you for accepting my request! :-D

Robert, mameSick is this diff ok for taito_f3? I generated this from taito_f3 taken from arcade source versus offcial 186 source.

Notice that - if (cx>=m_clip_al##pf_num && cx<m_clip_ar##pf_num && !(cx>=m_clip_bl##pf_num && cx<m_clip_br##pf_num)) \

+ if (cx>=m_clip_al##pf_num && cx<m_clip_ar##pf_num-1 && !(cx>=m_clip_bl##pf_num && cx<m_clip_br##pf_num)) \

is still here:smile:

Can some people test this out? I am totally hopeless at most games.

I ran two MAME (changed this line or not) at a time and compare them side-by-side, but after all I couldn't find out what changed, either. Mystery...

Anyhow I like this hack no matter what. Thank you Dink! :-)

Edited by demonkatze

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for accepting my request! :-D

I tried creating a new store2, but it kept timing out while uploading to it. So I've abandoned that idea, and instead I'm uploading a 60MB source code package to the messui site. It will be removed at next MAME release (end of this month), so get it while it's hot!
  • Like 1