Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Robert

ARCADE 0.179

It's that time again...

As before, the releases only have the binary. Any other needed files come with the standard MAME from mamedev.org.

Download location: http://hbmame.1emulation.com/geas

If there's bugs, post them here, but take notice of the provisos in the Welcome thread.

Opinions plus and minus are welcome here.

• Like 3

Gonna give this one more shot. Last night I was running Street Fighter II Turbo in sdlmame 0.178 on linux and noticed it was playing at the speed it would play in baseline mame and older Mameui/FX versions. Arcade64 0.178 runs the SF2 Turbo versions at the same speed as the Champion Edition versions which is too slow whereas Mame runs them a little too fast, at least the last time I checked anyway and that was due to wait states not being emulated and it looks like this was never fixed? http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=408

I'll post tomorrow to see if this is still the case with 0.179 as I'm not in Windows right now. If anyone else wants to test this out go right ahead. Start a game in Champion Edition and play for a bit and then try out Turbo/Hyper Fighting for any region, if Turbo isn't faster then there's something wrong going on with the UI mucking up the driver. I am also curious if this affects CPS2 games as well, I seem to recall Hyper Street Fighter II and Super Turbo playing a little too slow too. And if this is the case what other games/drivers are affected? This is not good at all.

Edited by Balthier

Is it me or does Arcade32 0.179 only work on GDI video mode now? Direct 3D video mode (which is the video mode I've always used) worked fine in 0.178.

Hardrocker: Works for me in d3d.

Balthier: No changes have been made to cps1 since the project started.

Zarzon: That's why it's called ARCADE.

Many thanks for carrying on with MAMESicks project. May ARCADE be the dog's bollocks that MAMEUIFX was :)

Great Work Folks

ZX81v2 - X Retro In BASIC