ARCADE 0.178

Robert

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask for features but i miss these 2 simple things from old MAME UI version:

• Background support (not only background color) for each pane (though i had the same background image for all)
  • Possibility to choose different font color for clones

Another thing i had to report is for WinXP/ARCADE32 only... the game list acts as a webpage with links, underlining a game when you hover it with mouse pointer. In Win10/ARCADE64 there's a hover effect highlighting the game line in light blue.

I know WinXP is dying, but... There are many old computers that only can run WinXP.

It's up to Robbert take the decision but both of your requested features would break a lot of things if re-implemented again in the UI code:

- hover highlighting effect in the game list and in the folders list on the left

- Grouped by parent-clone view

- Info panel.

This is because current UI code based on my old MAMEUIFX heavily relies on default Windows way of building and drawing the game list and other sub-windows. This was done to make the code easier to be mantained and understandable. Painting a clone in the list with a different color requires a CUSTOM HANDMADE function to draw the list and you'll immediately loose the hover highlighting effect and the ability to indent clones automatically. Further problem, you'll have to make your CUSTOM HANDMADE function to re-implement them.

XP don't support hover alpha-blending effect in the list, it's been introduced with VISTA. That's why there's the underlining. The same windows style applied to the game list produces the hover effect in WIN 7 and above and the underlining in XP.

Edited by mamesick
  • Like 1

The games are there but the error was a validation failure.

cobram3 missing its parent cobra --> removed cobram3

Also found 2 more..

spkrform missing its parent spk306us --> spkrform is a poker game, removed

cshootert missing its parent airraid --> game has bad gfx (unplayable), removed

Thanks for noticing this. :-)

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask for features but i miss these 2 simple things from old MAME UI version:

• Background support (not only background color) for each pane (though i had the same background image for all)

I assume you want a background image? Problem is when scrolling the image flickers really badly.

ARCADE will not be going back to bad old code of MAMEUI.

• Like 1