ARCADE 0.178

Robert

Anyone can help with this?

arcade32 -listxml command generates this error message:

caught unhandled st9bad_alloc exception:std::bad_alloc

Obviously, this error avoids clrmamepro to load properly a new cachefile.

MAMEUIFX gave the very same error in last versions i tried, so it's not a surprise at all, but the curious thing is... yesterday it worked with a fresh ARCADE32 "installation".

Edited by Jota.Ce

Many many thanks for keeping MAMEUIFX alive and further improvements!! Hooray for Robert and Mamesick :matrix: :matrix:

Arcade64 works perfectly for me..

Also I'm happy to see you post here Mamesick. I hope it means that at least some of your problems were resolved. Keeping my thumbs pressed for you :praiseyou:

• Like 1

Also I'm happy to see you post here Mamesick. I hope it means that at least some of your problems were resolved. Keeping my thumbs pressed for you :praiseyou:

Yes, things are proceeding quite well and probably (fingers crossed) from January 2017 I will have a new stable job. Though I completely lost interest for MAME so in any case MAMEUIFX will not revive. Robert is doing his job in a fantastic way so your users gratitude must go to him. :)

MAMEUIFX gave the very same error in last versions i tried, so it's not a surprise at all, but the curious thing is... yesterday it worked with a fresh ARCADE32 "installation".

Doesn't happen here with ARCADE64 nor with my latest MAMEUIFX64 0.175.1

It could be 32-BIT specific and so difficult to catch.

I just found out about this yesterday. Once I downloaded it and set it back up I tossed Mameui in the trash, and good riddance. I hated having to go back to using that thing.

So anyway, dumb question. Why is the UI grafted onto Mame itself and not just a stand alone UI? My basic understanding is that the UI just passes commands to Mame to run the games/software thus removing the need to open a console and type everything manually (even though Mame has a built-in UI which is very crude IMHO), and serves as a way to sort and find the games with its lists. I hate that Mame doesn't support a "folders" directory by itself, and I'm not a fan of its favorites menu. I have all my stuff sorted so I can find it quickly.

The reason I ask is wouldn't it be easier to maintain if it was separated from Mame? Or would this require a complete overhaul of the code? I see there is no Mameui 0.178 and someone mentioned it was due to tons of errors when compiling, but I see Arcade64 is just fine lol. Personally I just think it would be nice to have all the great functionality of Arcade64, but without having it joined at the hip to Mame, so if I just want the latest Mame I can just get it and plop it in the directory and then Arcade64 can handle everything after that, like qmc2 does. I just couldn't get used to qmc2 for some reason, no matter what I did I just couldn't get it to feel like Mameuifx.

Doesn't happen here with ARCADE64 nor with my latest MAMEUIFX64 0.175.1

It could be 32-BIT specific and so difficult to catch.

Checked with ARCADE64 in a Win10 computer (the other one is a WinXP one), and clrmamepro works nice. Thanks for pointing a clue...

I only have to set hiscore now... (plugins.ini always is set to hiscore 0, no matter what i try to do with files/folders/config).

Thanks for another new update. Loving the new name think it fits the project more than the plain MAMEUIFX title.

I think it would be nice to have some Robert touches on it. This is what I'm thinking.

I think MESSUI and Arcade should definitely stay as 2 seperate projects because of the amount of non arcade feel systems in MESS although some like Atari, Vetrex, PCE and Megadrive could be classed as arcades in a console so can be merged but not really the rest.

But HBMAME and Raine I feel are not worth maintaining as seperates if they are by you too and better off in the code of Arcade as their codes for the few better working games could be merged into Arcade fully as they are completely arcade related and I feel that if they stay as seperates it would be too much workload for you to maintain mate and you would end up ending your new project before it's begun really which is a worry as I liked MAMEUIFX the best so I like Arcade64 the best now.

I'm definitely up for a HBMAME and Raine into Arcade merger as it's benifital for you and the workload as well as us who loved the emulator from the MAMEUIFX days as many more games will run because of the perfectly running games from Raine and HBMAME being merged into the code too if that happens and it does become the all in one arcade experience the new name craves for.

As for MESSUI not many systems belong as I said to make it something to fully merge into Arcade unlike thee 2 old arcade projects by you Robert but some of the systems can belong in arcade though like the few I talked about but it will have to stay as a project for the people who want all of MESS.

So yeah, cutting it down to 2 projects would be benifitial for you and us because less workload for you and more working games due to Raine and HBMAME for us on Arcade if we do go through with the full merge of your previous arcade projects into the new Arcade mega project if this merger of the few codes is possible that is. I'm sure it is possible though because all the former arcade projects were built on MAME code anyway even Raine with some games working better wasn't they?!!!!?

I'm only rambling now about what we could do to make Arcade/Raine/HBMAME even better by putting them into the single Arcade code. So I think I should stop here but it does seem logical to cut down the amount of arcade seperate projects by making them all Arcade Emulator projects instead. lol.

The original MAMEUIFX had HBMAME style games in it anyway so we can have them all in Arcade as you run both and we can chuck out HBMAME altogether as those extra games were in MAMEUIFX anyway so we should put em back in and chuck out the other project it just makes sence I think.

As for Raine we need to determine what games running codes work better in there than the game running codes in normal MAME so we pick the right ones to copy over the MAME codes to improve that side of the arcade experience but that may take time working out before we can decide if that is worth merging as well into Arcade.

I think things are going to look really great in the future of Arcade especially in Arcade 64 with stuff such as Vulkan coming out for graphics now for 64-Bit users. We just need to sort out the future of Robert's older Arcade projects because to me it makes sence to merge them into Arcade because of MAMEUIFX's past being like HBMAME anyway and Raine although offering improvements to some driver codes to make the games run better those improved drivers by you are better off in Arcade now.

Whatever you decide about the other 2 and the more arcadey systems of the 3rd the future looks bright Robert and I'm looking forward to the next version as well as the first version where you try adding your own twist and I sir appeaceiate you taking the project on and hopefully soon making it your own whilst keeping the great lightweight but great aspects of the original in tact too.

Edited by TEOL

I think the UI is fine...I think it just needs a bit of a facelift...

Yeah of course the UI is fine, what I was trying to say was that perhaps it should be more of a separate frontend to Mame as opposed to being joined with it.

Another question, how does the command.dat work now? I can't get it to show up in the UI at all, when I press tab I don't see an "External Dat" option anymore. The history and info dats show up in the side tabs in Arcade64 like they always did though.

I just found out that Raine was made by Tux oh well. But the past arcade products that are definitely Robert's like HBMAME that does need to be in Arcade because the HBMAME games were a part of the orignal MAMEUIFX so chuck it out as a project to take out the workload of running 2 different MAME's and chuck those games back into Arcade as the rumors are in the above posts they are taken out currently but those extra games are a part of the original project so should have carried on being in Arcade from the start really so that was my point of the last post really.

We don't need both Arcade and HBMAME we need an improved with Robert's own twist version of Arcade which includes the old HBMAME titles I think.

Edited by TEOL