ARCADE 0.177

Well here we go with the first release of the ARCADE emulator.

Now you might remember MAMEUIFX came with all the extra folders and files, but my releases only have the binary as I assume you have the brains to work out how to set it up.

The binaries are hosted on Mega. There's no source as yet as I still have to work on a script for that.

32-bit: https://mega.nz/#!CpFDhDzI!64f1j4Ds_I4aWQBOhFISyH0eMCRfLUuxxTpiYeJK2x8

64-bit: https://mega.nz/#!G58w3bIK!cfeEtejIiJwZGhhCcp8cOS-NXA5vTPOgMh3VM8Aw3og

If there's bugs, post them here, but take notice of the provisos in the Welcome thread.

Opinions plus and minus are welcome here.

• Like 1
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well here we go with the first release of the ARCADE emulator.   Now you might remember MAMEUIFX came with all the extra folders and files, but my releases only have the binary as I assume you have t

Thank you, Robbberto.   Do you plan on making an icon for ARCADE32/64 instead of using the old icon from MAMEUIFX? I have a suggestion for it. Ya know how you have a "H" icon for HBMAME, well you co

@Robert, first logo of the ones he is making to choose.     http://imgur.com/uyyPeJt

Posted Images

Thanks for this. Quick question. I notice some games are not showing up in the lists. Off the op of my head I don't see any Sega Chihiro or Sega NAOMI hardware based games. I have the current rom sets but even under the "All Games " folder they are not listed. Have they been removed?

Ah ok. I use MAME to keep track of the nonworking games so I can run them in other emulators such as Demul because most emulators go by MAME romsets. I had a feeling it had something to do with a nonworking status but then I saw other nonworking hardware Triforce and Model 2 so I wasn't sure.

Thank you, Robbberto.

Do you plan on making an icon for ARCADE32/64 instead of using the old icon from MAMEUIFX? I have a suggestion for it. Ya know how you have a "H" icon for HBMAME, well you could have an "A" icon for ARCADE32/64.

Edited by Chanbara
  • Like 1

I'm not able to compile a current MAME here, the laptop I'm using would crash. Though my cracked version of IcoFX of 2012 still works, so here we go: with the arcade icon:

In 7z archive there's a MAMEUI.ICO you simply must overwrite over the existing one in \RES\ folder of ARCADE

Also, if possible, I'd like to receive via mail current ARCADE source (not the whole MAME tree) because I'd like to implement in this weekend the followings:

- Support in the GUI for the new core options: -AUTOSTRETCHXY and -UNEVENSTRETCHY introduced by Calamity in this release.

- Change some internal UI colors, that white on grey message box on startup is simply ugly now that I look at it with a different point of view

- No more YELLOW and RED message boxes at startup for IMPERFECT and NOT WORKING games and for the CONFIRMATION ON EXIT box in the internal UI. They are ugly too. A standard black on light grey is better and more consistent with the color of the UI when you press TAB key.

I'll post some snapshots of what I have in mind maybe this evening. Notice I'm able to compile on tiny builds here. With only one driver supported.

Thanks.

post-56594-0-48117900-1472723625_thumb.jpg

mameui.7z

Edited by mamesick