Raine did not work under MacOSX El Capitan 10.11.6

tien_huu_1408

Tsss, you lost the -DDARWIN flag apparently !

Ok, so undo the change I told you to do in the previous post, I told you to put

ifndef DARWIN

so just put again

ifdef DARWIN

and then comment out the line related to frameworks below, this one :

LIBS += -framework SDL -framework SDL_ttf -framework SDL_image -framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL
and then comment out this one too :

else #DARWIN
so you'll have the darwin specific flags + the generic ones, and without the frameworks.

It might have been easier to just install the frameworks, that's probably what the previous person who posted here did, anyway now that you have started on this, we'll see where it leads !

this is a blind change since I can't test it, you might have some other problems when linking with this, we'll see later.

Eventually edit the makefile to uncomment the line

RAINE_DEBUG = 1

it will make your compilation much faster, and use make -j4 to compile if you have 4 cores in your cpu.

You'll need to run a make clean again after these changes, and restart the compilation from scratch...

Edited by Tux

Now im at same spot as last user

"_gluOrtho2D", referenced from:
_opengl_reshape in opengl.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [raine] Error 1
tried both
export CC="gcc -m64"
export CXX="g++ -m64"
and:
export CC="gcc -m32"
export CXX="g++ -m32"

You should NOT define CC or CXX, it's done by the makefile where needed, and 64 bit is not supported except as an experimental feature (almost no driver can work in 64 bits, and almost no cpu emulator is supported).

It's been years since I didn't compile anything on osx, it seems opengl linking must be explicit and not implicit, anyway...

So a last try :

We'll need to take a back a few frameworks from the LIB line, and change it completely in fact, so edit this part :

ifdef DARWIN
# Official SDL1.2 frameworks (SDL / image / ttf) in /Library/Frameworks
CFLAGS += -I/usr/local/include/SDL/ -DDARWIN
LIBS += -framework SDL -framework SDL_ttf -framework SDL_image -framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL
# SDL_sound is statically linked from homebrew as gettext, libpng etc.
LIBS += /usr/local/lib/libSDL_sound.a /usr/local/lib/libintl.a -liconv

should look like this :

ifdef DARWIN
# Official SDL1.2 frameworks (SDL / image / ttf) in /Library/Frameworks
CFLAGS += -I/usr/local/include/SDL/ -DDARWIN
LIBS += -framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL
# SDL_sound is statically linked from homebrew as gettext, libpng etc.
LIBS += -lSDL_sound -lFLAC -lintl -liconv

and then remove this block, or comment it out (a few lines below) :

ifdef CROSSCOMPILE
LIBS += -lSDL_sound -lFLAC # -lmodplug
else
LIBS += /usr/local/lib/libSDL_sound.a /usr/local/lib/libFLAC.a /usr/local/lib/libsmpeg.a
endif #CROSSCOMPILE

and this time everything should work, assuming you have correctly installed all the dependencies...

good luck again !

EDIT : I finally found a usable vmware image of osx, from Italy and in italian, but I managed to change the language ! It's a sierra image, works well but no 3d acceleration so even if I decide to use it my testing abilities will be very limited !

Oh well this is kind of risky I can't be sure bad things have not been put in such an image, the kind of risk which could be avoided if apple accepted that vmware and virtualbox officially support osx...

I'll see if I use it or not to update all this mess...

Edited by Tux

Almost there...

did not use CC or CXX

TFont_ttf::dimensions(char const*, int*, int*) in tfont.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [raine] Error 1

I did wonders with my vmware image, raine osx now uses the asm code like the linux and windows versions, and uses frameworks anybody can install by just draging them to the frameworks directory like the good old osx versions...

Just give me a little more time to upload this tomorrow (it's 3am now, I think I am going to take a break !).

Also I have put a few osx specific fixes, it has been a very long time since I was able to test this and there were a few small fixes to do.

If you still want to compile it yourself anyway I can try to help you but it will become useless after this.

For your message, it means there was a mess between 32 and 64 bits symbols, it's not clear which symbols since TFont_ttf::dimensions is part of raine and should not be affected by this, maybe you need a make clean ?

Anyway wait a little more and you'll be able to just install this by draging stuff.

For info for those who like compiling stuff : it's still based on the libs from homebrew, or the brew command in osx, very well done, I just use a script to convert these libs to frameworks to be able to distribute a program usable by end users without having to compile stuff themselves... !

Sorry for the long delay before being able to fix all this mess, I just didn't have any access to any osx version.

Edited by Tux

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for slow reply but i was unable to reach the forum.

i read that new version for osx was out and downloaded it but it said that it only worked on 10.12 osx and im on a 10.11

i did a git pull and compiled and BOOM it worked out of the box!

many thanks for your patience and work!

Good news at least !

Stupid apple to make this kind of restriction, there is nothing specific to 10.12 in raine of course, so it's done by the compiler... !

Anyway happy new year then, even if it's going to be hard probably !