Raine 0.64.13

Tux

• 3 months later...

Gotta be honest here im not fully up on what CPU cores Raine has, But just a small heads up to mention when it comes to the recent MCU dumps that add full sound to Fire Shark

Teki Paki and Vimana and if you were interested in hooking up the sound for these games in Raine if you dont have the Z180 CPU a Z80 CPU will do the job just fine confirmed to

work in my olde MAME Src and Currant Final Burn Alpha builds.

Gotta be honest here im not fully up on what CPU cores Raine has, But just a small heads up to mention when it comes to the recent MCU dumps that add full sound to Fire Shark

Teki Paki and Vimana and if you were interested in hooking up the sound for these games in Raine if you dont have the Z180 CPU a Z80 CPU will do the job just fine confirmed to

work in my olde MAME Src and Currant Final Burn Alpha builds.

Not sure I have the motivation to do that now, mcu stuff is pretty tricky usually, but thanks for the info anyway !

• 1 month later...

Hi, it's dink from the fbalpha emulator project. we found a way to get perfect sound with f3 games (dariusg etc) with avery simple algo. If interested I can share the code (es5506.cpp)? I think this will be a nice addition to Raine.

Of course you can always get the code from www.fbalpha.com after the next release with added f3 support, but the next release might be a couple months away...

Well there is no issue with the f3 sound afaik, but ok send the file, I'll take a look (we shared the one in raine with mame but it hasn't been changed for a very long time and I doubt the interface is still compatible, but anyway, send it !).

Some f3 games sound OK in Raine, but some are completely wrong like Darius G - especially the intro/attract mode sequence. This is due to the es550x chip playing sounds at different samplerates, but the linear resampler is not right. It's an easy fix. porting will be simple, just a small amount of code needs to be ported from our ES5506Update to your es5506_update.

Code & info: http://pastebin.com/4m8JKkNK

best regards,

- dink / fbalpha, resampling code by iq_132 of fbalpha project.

Edited by dink

The videos on youtube don't tell if they were recorded from the arcade or from mame, so it's hard to tell but assuming this one is from the arcade : ( video sjv7lpp5nTU in case it doesn't show in this quite broken forum !)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjv7lpp5nTU

I guess the difference you are talking about is the sound which can be heard while seeing the astronaut in the 1st images just before zooming on the planet, right ?

Anyway the intro is the place where we see the most the bad zooming emulation in raine, I had hoped Antiriad would finish this one day but he lost all interest in this long ago (about 17 years ago actually !).

Well the code is quite different if you had a look at the code for raine in the git section, we still don't use the c++ interface for one, and the update function uses 2 levels of while loops, I'd admit your code is clearer, there was some hasty testing in this area in raine and nobody never tried to clean things up... I am not sure I want to risk a rewrite just for this missing sound, I'll think about it...

Edited by Tux