OUTRUN 2 (Jap, US, Euro) save files.

stf

As it's impossible to find cheats or saves for the japanese version.

Here is the ultimate link including:
- Save files with all the bonuses unlocked for US/Euro and Japanese* versions.
- Two edited XBEs with the rivals'names removed (one for the Jap version, one for the Euro or US version),

for an improved arcade feeling on Scud Race & Daytona 2 tracks & any other rival race.
- The Readme file

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tmni68niw4qkd2i/OUTR2XB.zip

*Thanks a lot to Noobsaibot21 who has finished this for me (in only a couple of days) and gives permission to share. See him in action on his Youtube Channel (link in the Readme file)

Edited by stf

• 2 months later...

I'm glad you appreciated it Garcimak!

It seems that many other Outrun 2 players also enjoyed this download.

The later missions were a pain for me too.

• 4 months later...

thanks you for this share.

I some of question for Jeg elsker Norge, for possible edit xbe.

The [youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDlRJpIm1vY] OutRun 2 - Marathon of the 30 Stages https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDlRJpIm1vY

is it avallable in time attack? it's seems no, do you think is it possible to hack .xbe for it.

Did you see post about to force 720P via hex edit in .xbe? Do youthink is it possible for OR2?

Same question OR2 C2C 2006?

About OR2 C2C 2006, is it possible to patch .xbe for create a Marathon of the 30 Stages with OR2 + OR2 SP race?

Last think, with buddy we try to run Chihiro version on Xbox 128 mb and we need all information about .xbe.

Thanks

NB: sorry for my poor english I am french.

Edited by nonosto

• 2 weeks later...

Hi nonosto.

Adding a new option like a time trial or any complex thing (like the long marathon) is not possible by simply hex-editing a .xbe file.

(I only replaced the rivals' names letters by empty spaces as the names clearly appeared in my "hex-edit" software, so what I did can't be considered as a hack).

Yes, I tried to apply the 720p hack some time ago but got no success... According to me, the Outrun 2 game(s) would suffer from a lot of slowdowns in 720p.

... (It makes me remember that I edited many widescreen hacks but never took the time to share...).

For Chihiro I won't be of any help (again) as possessing a 128mb XBox is still a dream for me... Sorry...

NB: No worries about your english. I'm french myself and can easily read my compatriots' english. Mine is far from perfect :)

• 9 months later...

Hi All,

Late to the forum and topic. Glad the save file was useful to you. I have a series of videos I have done on a pretty cool trick in Outrun 2 (playlist below)

However, I would like to get footage in higher quality, 1080p. So my question is...... did anyone here manage to get a 720p hex mod on Outrun 2? If so, can someone advise how I can do it for the Euro game. Cheers :-)

Edited by Noobsaibot21

Hello Noobsaibot21

Sorry I don't have any 720p mod on my side.

Why wouldn't you try the game on XBox 360 ? The euro version runs in 720p on a euro console, with the loss of a few frames per second from time to time.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hello Noobsaibot21

Sorry I don't have any 720p mod on my side.

Why wouldn't you try the game on XBox 360 ? The euro version runs in 720p on a euro console, with the loss of a few frames per second from time to time.

Actually I play with japanese version on XBOX 360, like you said sometime framerate is low....I see that in time attack without ghost car it's run almsot without slowing...maybe for rival race like marathon or bonus stage remove heart counter or position bar (and the gril friend passager....) maybe could be eliminate all problem...note that only 2 or 3 stage have temporary short framerate down...One question for STF could you check differrence betwen .xbe from xbox version chihiro version by hex editor...I have not enough knowledge for read and understand Hex...