0.64.10 : finally the end of fixes for this time !

Tux

Yeah enough fixes for the 0.64 version, this proves at least that raine is becoming too big for me alone !

At least this time I got some very welcome help from Romain who built the osx binary this time, so it's not from me and I wasn't even able to test it for now, but it should be ok, feedback highly appreciated on this binary !!! You'll find it there in the downloads section : http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

A few things about the osx binary though : it's quite different this time because Romain had troubles with all the asm inside, so it's using a C version for the video functions and for the 68020 core, which is a very first time in raine. With modern cpus you shouldn't be able to see the difference anyway.

A few of the fixes this time :

- a surprising bug in the clipping of text in the gui which should not have been there

- the fix of mer-curious fireball, hopefully ! ;-)

- a fix for a crash during nam1975 demo because of a stupid fadeout effect !

- But also finally the video priorities for the gunbird driver have been added, plus a few sounds which couldn't be heard before are now played correctly (for almost all the games in this driver).

- neocd music now adapts to the sample rate chosen in sound options

- the fix for the bug about cawing reported just after releasing 0.64.9 !

- plus a few small fixes here and there not worth mentioning...

• Like 2

Hi Tux! Thanks for the new release!

Everything that I reported on my last posts have been fixed. No more invisible Fatal Fury string in the roms list, and the shaders are now activated without leaving the menu.

I'm still seeing the fireball "glitch" on Fatal Fury 3 though. What is curious is that it is speficic to that flying platform stage, which makes me suppose some graphics on the stage may be interfering. Maybe something to do with the raster effects, as we have on the KOF94 Japan stage animation?

Anyway, I tried disabling the raster effects and the fireball started showing normally. When I enable it again and the scenary is reloaded, it shows again. Unfortunately this didn't work for the KOF94 Japan stage.
In case you haven't noticed, the glitch is like this: part of Andy's fireball (sometimes half, sometimes 2/3rds of it) is not visible in that stage.

It's hard to take a screen capture of how the glitch looks like because of the blinking effect of the fireball. But here is a sample on how it should look:

With the glitch
3c1f67443117508.jpg

Without the glitch

f07189443117517.jpg

For info, I played the game on FBA and didn't see the glitch there.

Sorry for not providing a decent bug report before. If you should want to take another look, I've created a savestate just a moment before the player releases the fireball, so you don't have to worry executing it. For comparison, I made two savestates: one in a stage where we don't see the bug, and other in that stage where we see it (the flying platform stage). Please find the files in the Mega server: https://mega.nz/#!pwdyxD4L

So, do we finally have something to be fixed there?

Thanks a lot in advance for your attention.

Nope I have got a savestate while the fireball is flying, for me it was better, if it's not good enough well too bad, fixes are over for now, eventually for the next fixes session if there is one...

Anyway I am not sure it can be fixed with the current rendering system and I won't change it.

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

I have found some problems with few games on the latest Raine version (0.64.10)

Ninja Kids (ninjak) - background graphic missing.

Operation Wolf (opwolf) - problem with repeat sound after mission

P.S. - It's possible to add samples for some games, like: Vimana ??

Edited by silvertrix

As I said the fixes are over for now, if you want to code and to send patches it will be highly appreciated.

Otherwise, just wait, I have other things in mind for now...

Vimana doesn't have any sound at all for now, so no, impossible to override its music since there is no music to override !

Edited by Tux

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just to confirm, installing Raine on a fresh Mac is working with the last version 0.64.10 (OS X 10.10). I just needed to install the SDL 1.2 frameworks on /Library/Frameworks/ (SDL, SDL_image and SDL_ttf). That's all ! Working great, detected my Logitech gamepad directly !

Alright Tux, I've been absent a long time. I couldn't log in so I gave up for a while. Maybe the site didn't like my AOL email address? LOL

Now my account is working thanks to the admins here. Then I couldn't get my avatar to work, but Robert has fixed that (thanks Robert!), so now I feel normal. :-)

I see that you've gotten some great help compiling for OSX, and of course mer-curious is still contributing. So you've settled in to our new home which is most excellent.

And of course you're burnt out addressing small bugs. Here's hoping you soon get back in the swing because the details do count a great deal!

It's good to be back, and I hope to be posting again with small words of encouragement.

Until next time,

Huggybaby

Edited by Huggybaby

Hi Huggybaby ! Well you might be too late this time, it's not only the small bugs which annoy me, I am loosing inspiration, motivation, and fun. I have some big commits which were waiting about adding some sh2 emulation using the asm core from gens, but finally, no motivation anymore. I think more and more about stopping here, hey it was not bad, 15 years of raine after the date where it should have stopped if Antiriad hadn't opened the sources !

At least I won't emulate some popcorn machine like some mame devs lately, they really can't quit emulating things, even if it becomes crazy !

For now I take a break, if someone wants help to code on raine I am here and I'll help, but for now I think the best course is to stop here, it's becoming crazier and crazier to take care of raine alone, it has become too big now, and since I am still alone, it's really better to stop here.

Sorry, but it was fun, and it's still a good emu anyway !

I understand. I've had to abandon a project too, that I cared a lot about, but I don't have the time or motivation any more. I've waited for years for someone to step in and replace me, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Sadly it will probably be the case for Raine too. My project only takes time, yours requires knowledge of ASM and I don't see too many programmers around who can deal with that.

Anyway, Raine is in a good place.

Thanks Tux!

• 2 weeks later...

As I said the fixes are over for now, if you want to code and to send patches it will be highly appreciated.

Otherwise, just wait, I have other things in mind for now...

Vimana doesn't have any sound at all for now, so no, impossible to override its music since there is no music to override !

You can add the Toaplan Samples from ThunderMAME For Fire Shark Vimana Ghox and Teki Paki it gives the games Full FX and Music

should drop into your Src easy enough and Defo worth adding to Raine

Edited by gamez fan