Neorages recent errors:

well folks, from what we've seen things have been rough for this great EMU. first there's SVC w/ the P1 rom error. this doesn't bother me so much. u can play that game through a few times and that'll be it, I've already deleted it and I honestly won't miss it much. but samurai showdown 5... I've never seen anything by the means of a "bank error" before, and I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

I'm not gonna biatch about how I can't get them to work, cuz I know at the moment nobody has that answer. this topic isn't about that. I put this topic up because I'd like 2 discuss what's up. why these new games are having these troubles. what the usual process has been to fix games in the past, and if they are applicable to these new games. if they aren't then why not? what don't we know? is the premier neo geo emulator finally on it's way out? :huh:

Being a NeoRage fan I know where you're comin' from.....As far as SamSho5 goes, I've got it working perfectly on NeoRage. Well, I had to D/L a different NeoRage, but it works flawlessly so far. I too goT the "Bank Error" response and was pissed that I had to use Nebula, then I added a patch and I didn't get the "Bank Error" but some screwed up graphics! Finally I found a website that mentioned the rom names for the "c roms" needs to be changed.

Here is what you need to change them to.

ssv_c1.rom to (same)

ssv_c2.rom to ssv_c3.rom

ssv_c3.rom to ssv_c5.rom

ssv_c4.rom to ssv_c7.rom

ssv_c5.rom to ssv_c2.rom

ssv_c6.rom to ssv_c4.rom

ssv_c7.rom to ssv_c6.rom

ssv_c8.rom to (same)

use the NeoRage emulator from www.neogamez.net and I think also the p1 patch which can be found at http://daiya.paginafacil.com/main.html

THAT should work, I'm a real beginner to this emulation stuff in fact I think this is my 4th or 5th post! Hopefully it'll be of some help........

ANYONE WITH METAL SLUG 5 NEWS......POST IT!

Edited by Shishan77

Makes me wounder were people get there information from...

Here we are experianced and a so called noob comes along with a bunch of fixes for some games that i can not be bothered messing around with because i know i may screw them up.

Got any screenshots of SAMURI showdown 5 runing in Neo Rage?

Oh yeah and whats the files name for Neo Rage?

I have it named SS5

It wont come uop in neo rage at all not even with the special emu which i have had for ages anyway.

Makes me wounder were people get there information from...

Here we are experianced and a so called noob comes along with a bunch of fixes for some games that i can not be bothered messing around with because i know i may screw them up.

Got any screenshots of SAMURI showdown 5 runing in Neo Rage?

Oh yeah and whats the files name for Neo Rage?

I have it named SS5 

It wont come uop in neo rage at all not even with the special emu which i have had for ages anyway.

samurai 5 works on neorage x final edition - you get it from neogamez.net - then you must download the files from captainx - epic center forum http://fuego.red32.net/~mature/moregames/v...topic.php?t=414

read the guide on this link - it works on my machine - samsho5 is very cool - have fun

svc also runs on this rage x version - but the sound does not appear - anybody idea - where to download a full version of svc original

merry x mas

Being a NeoRage fan I know where you're comin' from.....As far as SamSho5 goes, I've got it working perfectly on NeoRage.  Well, I had to D/L a different NeoRage, but it works flawlessly so far.  I too goT the "Bank Error" response and was pissed that I had to use Nebula, then I added a patch and I didn't get the "Bank Error" but some screwed up graphics!  Finally I found a website that mentioned the rom names for the "c roms" needs to be changed.

Here is what you need to change them to.

ssv_c1.rom to  (same)

ssv_c2.rom to  ssv_c3.rom

ssv_c3.rom to  ssv_c5.rom

ssv_c4.rom to  ssv_c7.rom

ssv_c5.rom to  ssv_c2.rom

ssv_c6.rom to  ssv_c4.rom

ssv_c7.rom to  ssv_c6.rom

ssv_c8.rom to  (same)

use the NeoRage emulator from www.neogamez.net and I think also the p1 patch which can be found at http://daiya.paginafacil.com/main.html

THAT should work, I'm a real beginner to this emulation stuff in fact I think this is my 4th or 5th post!  Hopefully it'll be of some help........

ANYONE WITH METAL SLUG 5 NEWS......POST IT!

I gave that all a try minus one thing - the final neorage won't work on my comp (windows xp conflict I'm sure). but I did rename all the roms accordingly and include the P1 fix. wouldn't work on my rage (v8.0b). I don't see what makes one rage diff than the next other than new wallpapers and a larger list...

What a pice of flocking junk i am getting really pissed of i cant belive i have to play this in nebula when over 50 people SAY the have this working in neo flocking rage.

I have renamed, i have tried countless P1 ROMS i have even masterbated on my hard drive in attempt to get it to load in neo rage.

The P1 PROBLEM REMAINS WTF is up with that?

I cant even get a bank error.

Any more ideas anyone?

:-]

Emsley, just make a copy (or serveral copies) of your rom, stick them in new folders and just try the rom name changes I posted. I don't know why it works on only the NeoRage Final (or whatever it was that came from www.neogamez.net) because it doesn't work on any of the other NeoRages I D/L. The rom file is ShaSho5.zip and NeoRage picks it up as SAMURAISHODOWN(?). Don't worry about messing the roms up, I was really apprehensive about it too but soon realized it's kinda tough to completely screw these roms up! I also know that this version of NeoRage will play SVC Chaos, but for some reason there is no sound effects whatsoever when I do run it (though it plays fine).

P.S.

I'm getting all my info. from just searching the web, mainly forums which unfortunatly are in spanish half the time! I live in Texas, you figure I could speak spanish better!