Raine 0.64.9 : still a little messy, but improving...

Tux

Ok, sorry for the long delay, I thought I would have some testing for the dos binary, but it's been more than 2 weeks now, so maybe the dos version is back to sleep mode then ! Then I spent quite some time patching the openmw binary, and then there was this upload problem in 1emulation ! Anyway, I thought that after all this it would be nice to upload a final fix for the 0.64 version, I'll decide later if I make a 0.65 or not.

Since 0.64.8-4 : The most surprising fix is for the cave driver, a crash in dfeveron with the latest gcc versions and the line scroll code was broken for most color depths (except the one used by yuv overlays : 16bpp). Except that some fixes linked to the translations and how they are displayed in the gui, some clipping issues fixed in the gui, the emudx games which don't emulate the original sound will now display a warning if you don't have the dx2 files, and a fix for cookbib, mainly for the dos version but it could be useful for the other versions...

Also I added sound commands to the bubble bobble driver, just for fun to see how it works, probably useless for most people. Maybe with some function to be able to associate a random song it could be useful to use more variety in the background music ?

Except that the dos binary to be tested is still in its thread, I won't update the dos version anymore without any news from there. I'll upload the debian binary a little later. Actually a lot of changes were for the dos version this time, so it's a shame, but at least there were quite a few fixes useful for the others...

The download page is there : http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

Edited by Tux
  • Like 2

That's the kind of thing I love, this one was there since at least 0.63.16, maybe more, and it's reported the day I release a new binary, after 2 weeks waiting for reports which never came... !!!

Sigh !

Anyway I'll take a look...

EDIT : ok, fixed, but since it's a bug from jully 2013, it's no emergency ! The fix is in git anyway...

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

Carrier Air Wing freezes after selecting weapon load...

That's the kind of thing I love, this one was there since at least 0.63.16, maybe more, and it's reported the day I release a new binary, after 2 weeks waiting for reports which never came... !!!

Sigh !

Anyway I'll take a look...

EDIT : ok, fixed, but since it's a bug from jully 2013, it's no emergency ! The fix is in git anyway...

One of the randomly choosen games i tried with the new release!

:msnwink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Tux! Thanks for the new release.

The GUI glitch on the inputs menu is fixed! Now the menu perfectly shows in any window size, even in the default one. Thank you so much for that!

Still on the GUI, I've noticed that when you are in a fresh install/unzip of the emu and set a shader, the "Shader" string will not immediately change to show the shader selected until you leave and visit the Renderer/OpenGL options menu one time. That is, the "Shader" will show as "None" even though you had selected a shader prior to leaving the dialog for the first time.

Is this a normal behavior or should it change immediately to reflect your action the first time you set it up on a new installation?

I would also like to report something strange I noticed in my games list. There's a "blank" string which seems to correspond to Fatal Fury 3. Take a look:

979029438929514.jpg

This wasn't like this on the previous version. Does it have to do with the Mame roms updates?

By the way, I played the game for like 10 minutes and everything seems fine. I just found a weird glitch in the Andy's fire ball ("hadouken") when in a specific stage. I've made a savestate to take you there. See the attached file in my post.

Just fire a fire ball and you'll see it blinks weirdly in this stage. The command for Andy's fireball is the same as a hadouken but to the left side, so: down, down-left diagonal, left + A (assuming you're in the player 1's side).

Finally, would you consider adding support to "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtles in Time" games? They are nice beat'em up games released by Konami for the arcades. There are actually many arcade games released by Konami for different hardwares. FBA shows the hardware for these two games are the GX963 and the GX063 respectively.

That's my feedback for now.

Thank you again for your excellent support.

fatfury3_savegame.zip

Still on the GUI, I've noticed that when you are in a fresh install/unzip of the emu and set a shader, the "Shader" string will not immediately change to show the shader selected until you leave and visit the Renderer/OpenGL options menu one time. That is, the "Shader" will show as "None" even though you had selected a shader prior to leaving the dialog for the first time.

That's obviously another "dynamic dialog" problem, maybe I should just require a restart when changing the language it's not done often and it would create way less problems.

I would also like to report something strange I noticed in my games list. There's a "blank" string which seems to correspond to Fatal Fury 3. Take a look:

979029438929514.jpg

This wasn't like this on the previous version. Does it have to do with the Mame roms updates?

No idea, can't reproduce it.It's most likely gui related, linked to the new clipping of strings.

By the way, I played the game for like 10 minutes and everything seems fine. I just found a weird glitch in the Andy's fire ball ("hadouken") when in a specific stage. I've made a savestate to take you there. See the attached file in my post.

Just fire a fire ball and you'll see it blinks weirdly in this stage. The command for Andy's fireball is the same as a hadouken but to the left side, so: down, down-left diagonal, left + A (assuming you're in the player 1's side).

Finally, would you consider adding support to "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtles in Time" games? They are nice beat'em up games released by Konami for the arcades. There are actually many arcade games released by Konami for different hardwares. FBA shows the hardware for these two games are the GX963 and the GX063 respectively.

Yeah it's possible to emulate, but not easy, usually there are custom weird grahpics chips in konami games. And I have no passion for their games...

That's my feedback for now.

Thank you again for your excellent support.

:-)

• 3 weeks later...

About the clipping error : it happened a lot here with some big filenames used in neocd, so it was easy to fix for this. Of course it was very stupid, sorry for the delay to locate it !

• Like 1

About the clipping error : it happened a lot here with some big filenames used in neocd, so it was easy to fix for this. Of course it was very stupid, sorry for the delay to locate it

No problem! I could have done some more testing too. But I've been mostly playing the MVS versions of the NeoGeo games because there are no sprites cut there, and we can have CD quality BGM from NGCD with the sound commands feature, so we have "the best of two worlds". That's why I didn't notice the glitch was happening with the CD titles.

You couldn't check the glitch I reported from the Fatal Fury 3, could you? What about the one with the shaders setting?

Anyway, they are very unimportant.

Thank you so much for your continuing support and progress.

If you are talking about the blank string for fatal fury, it's exactly the same bug, the clipping of strings in the gui.

For the shaders I'll double check it's fixed, I won't require a restart yet.

There is a new version coming, with these fixes I added a few others like finally handling the video priorities of the gunbird driver and adding the few missing sounds (because I happened to play a ps2 version of gunbird and noticed it was playing some sound I had never heard before. So I made an investigation and found the sounds were there in the arcade, but not played because the z80 didn't have time to see the command !).

Plus Romain who updated the osx build, plus a few minor changes. Enough to make 0.64.10. It will finally be the end of these fixes this time !

• Like 1