Raine 0.64.8 : messy...

Tux

Minor update to the 0.64.8 : just released the 0.64.8-4 binary for dos and windows, the changes are too minor to call that a new version so I continue to add things to the 0.64.8.

It's mainly because some things will take time and for now I don't have this time so it's better to release something now.

The changes from 0.64.8-3 :

- possibility to select the language in "Options"

- possibility to choose to save screen settings for each game (mainly for the dos version, I don't think anyone would be interested by that in the normal version, but who knows ? Anyway I added that to the video options). And "frame skip" is also saved there now.

- Added b1+b2 combination to cps2 6 buttons games.

That's all, so I guess most people can just skip this update !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Tux. Thanks for the new release.

I'm seeing a little GUI glitch in the inputs menu that is bothering me a little. It happens when you use the default window size and have a long string for the gamepad.

I've recorded a video so that you can see what happens: http://www.4shared.com/file/Ant7GqDXba/00004.html

It seems there's a bigger background menu behind a barely smaller one in the frontground, so when you move the mouse cursor you see these weird "PPlayer 1" and "CCoin" being formed in the very end of the left side. It happens everytime you visit the inputs menu.

I guess I've already reported this in the old forum but I don't remember your answer. Of course that a simple workaround is just to resize the GUI, but what if we need or want to use the default window size? Maybe now you could figure a way to fix it?

Anyway, it's a very minor issue. I'm reporting it because I liked the "new look" of the inputs menu and this glitch somewhat jeopardizes the visual experience.

I don't know if you'll be able to reproduce it. I guess you would need a PSX to USB adapter or a gamepad with a long string to show in the menu and trigger the glitch.

Finally, I have a suggestion for the custom game inputs feature. Currently if we click on the "switch to custom game controls" and want to undo this action we need to leave the menu and then return to be able to revert the change to the default controls. I'd like to know if you could let us enable and disable the changes on the fly, that is, without needing to leave the menu to switch to either custom or default controls.

I guess that way the option would be more intuitive to use, once a new user wouldn't have to "guess" we need to leave and return the menu to revert the action of clicking on the custom controls, because he/she would instantly see the changes on the screen when trying to click on it again.

Except this, all shaders are working fine now.

That's my little feedback.

Thank you again for your great support.

Edited by mer-curious

Hi, Tux. Thanks for the new release.

I'm seeing a little GUI glitch in the inputs menu that is bothering me a little. It happens when you use the default window size and have a long string for the gamepad.

I've recorded a video so that you can see what happens: http://www.4shared.com/file/Ant7GqDXba/00004.html

lol !

Details will kill you, I expected something horrible, actually it's just a small redraw problem when the dialog is that big...

Really you should be able to survive this, at least for a while ! ;-)

By the way you know 4shared is quite a horrible host, their download page tries to push you to subscribe to their site, and it's full of clickable ads which try very hard to be clicked instead of the right button to download the file, I wouldn't be surprised that half of these downloads contain malwares...

I'll take a look, but it's not an emergency. I am testing openmw this week-end, the reconstruction of morrowind but 100% free this time. I guess to many people ended up fed up by the unfixed bugs from bethesda and finally decided to try to do this. It's actually already quite impressive, but they want to keep a small version number anyway (0.36), quite odd... anyway it's fun to test !

It seems there's a bigger background menu behind a barely smaller one in the frontground, so when you move the mouse cursor you see these weird "PPlayer 1" and "CCoin" being formed in the very end of the left side. It happens everytime you visit the inputs menu.

I guess I've already reported this in the old forum but I don't remember your answer. Of course that a simple workaround is just to resize the GUI, but what if we need or want to use the default window size? Maybe now you could figure a way to fix it?

Anyway, it's a very minor issue. I'm reporting it because I liked the "new look" of the inputs menu and this glitch somewhat jeopardizes the visual experience.

I don't know if you'll be able to reproduce it. I guess you would need a PSX to USB adapter or a gamepad with a long string to show in the menu and trigger the glitch.

Yeah well I guess it's possible to reproduce it by playing with the size of the window...

Finally, I have a suggestion for the custom game inputs feature. Currently if we click on the "switch to custom game controls" and want to undo this action we need to leave the menu and then return to be able to revert the change to the default controls. I'd like to know if you could let us enable and disable the changes on the fly, that is, without needing to leave the menu to switch to either custom or default controls.

I guess that way the option would be more intuitive to use, once a new user wouldn't have to "guess" we need to leave and return the menu to revert the action of clicking on the custom controls, because he/she would instantly see the changes on the screen when trying to click on it again.

Except this, all shaders are working fine now.

That's my little feedback.

Thank you again for your great support.

Well as you saw yourself the inputs window is already quite full, so adding an option to switch the controls which is already elsewhere would only make it more loaded.

Plus I don't find this difficult to use...

anyway !

A good sign that you didn't find any more bugs, thanks !

• Like 1

Yeah well I guess it's possible to reproduce it by playing with the size of the window...

Thanks a lot for considering checking it out.

For info, these are the adapters I have here (reported by the driver and shown in the Windows control pannel):

PS/SS/N64 Joypad to USB BOX (27 characters string)

TigerGame XBOX+PS2+GC Game Controller Adapter (45 characters string)

With both I see the glitch. So if you have a gamepad with around 25 characters, you should easily trigger it. If not, maybe you could try to simulate a gamepad connected with long strings like these.

Well as you saw yourself the inputs window is already quite full, so adding an option to switch the controls which is already elsewhere would only make it more loaded.

Plus I don't find this difficult to use...

anyway !

I guess I wasn't clear here, sorry. I don't want a new option. What I wanted is that when we click on "switch to custom game controls", Raine instantly changed this string to "revert to default game controls" so that we could click on it and undo the "switch" we just did without needing to leave the menu. I don't think it makes sense to keep the string the same once the controls and the menu have already been switched and adapted to the inputs mode you've just turned on.

So, for instance, I enter the Inputs menu and see it like this:

eebf5c433997586.jpg

Then I click on the "switch to custom game controls" option as shown above and the result is like this:

12a5a5433997592.jpg

Custom controls option is on and now Raine instantly shows the string as "Revert to default game controls" without needing to leave the menu for that. And if we click on it again Raine of course will show the options like this:

eebf5c433997586.jpg

And if we click it again:

12a5a5433997592.jpg

So my idea is that this switch string become available as soon as it is changed. When we click on "switch...", it becomes "revert" and the custom options show, and when we click on "revert", it becomes "switch" and all the other customs options vanish. Everything without having to leave the menu.

I hope to be clearer now.

Thank you in advance for your time and great work.

PS: sorry for the 4shared server. I'll see if I find another server next time.

Ah ok, actually it worked before it's a regression of 0.64.8 : I wanted a fancy function to switch the language in options without restarting the program, just for the show.

The consequence is that all dialogs use a copy of their data now to preserve the original texts

and so all dynamic dialogs are broken in 0.64.8. I had already found the loading dialog and the about one, but I had missed this one.

For now the changes are short so it's ok but if too many things require patching like this I'll have to ask to restart raine to change the language, it will be easier !

Anyway the controls dialog is patched too, and it works (commited to git).

• Like 1