The big translations topic (was: Compiling Raine, the easy way?)

luixvayo

Hi guys, i want to know if anyone has a easy way to compile Raine under windows.

Something like the "mame way" that you just havo to download in some cases just one file (i.e. mingw_for_mame_xx.zip) with all the tools compiled and ready to be used to compile the binary.

I tried to compile raine a few times with no succeed.

I'm trying to make a spanish translated version of raine, menus, warnings, etc.

Thanks in advance.

:-)

I'd say maybe the easiest way is to do it under linux, because that's what I am doing, and if the distribution is not too dumb it makes getting the dependancies very easy !

Otherwise it's not too hard to do with mingw, you just need to get the dependancies yourself, but it's documented on the download page there l:

Oops broken link, I'll fix it later.

Well meanwhile you still have the logiqx notes there : http://www.logiqx.com/HowTo/RAINE32.php

Anyway from memory you need : (everything can be found by using google) :

- zlib

- libpng

- sdl-1.2

- sdl-image

- sdl-ttf

- muparser

- sdl-sound

and it's harder for sdl-sound because if you want to be able to play mp3s containing id3 tags, you need to get the latest mercury version instead of the official latest version, but you can start by using the official version 1st anyway.

By the way this mercury version uses libmpg123 for decoding mp3s, so you need this too, search for mpg123 (easier to find in linux, it's included in every dsitribution, but it can be compiled in windows too).

Good luck ! :-) (it's long, but it's not too hard, and the reason why I don't make a big package containing everything is because it would have to be maintained when there are updates and it would be quite boring).

Also you can compile without the console (edit the makefile, find the place where it talks about HAS_CONSOLE and comment it, there are comments explaining this, it's at the topof the makefile). In this case you don't need muparser.

Edited by Tux

Thank you! I'm on the work of getting everything now, i wish i know how to work with linux, sound pretty much easy that way, but i have zero experience using that OS.

Thanks so much again.

Well you need time to master it, but it's worth the time spent !

In short, in linux distributions handle dependancies automatically, you say you want to install raine, so it will install all the dependancies 1st automatically.

Normally when compiling a win32 program from linux you loose these dependancies but gentoo has the same system to be able to install dependancies the same way when compiling something in windows, but gentoo is really specialized for developpers.

I could at least put a binary package for sdl_sound because this one is not that easy.

For all the others, it's download the package, extract, run ./configure, make, make install, that's all.

So post again if you want to try a binary package for sdl-sound.

Posting again! Thank you! I think i got all the tools now, i'm re-cheking.

This weekend gonna try again, just realize that i delete all the previous attempt to compile Raine while reinstalling windows :msncry:

Thank you for the package!

Ok, you can find the pre-compiled packages there at the top of the page (section dev of the downloads) :

http://raine.1emulation.com/download/dev.html

There should be almost everything, tell me if I forgot something (it actually from my linux installation, but it should work without problem with mingw32).

As it's said on the page : unpack this where you have your mingw32 bin lib and include directories

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

Holy orochi and mario bros! Thank you again! I try to compile it today.

Greetings!

You'll probably have some problems with the sdl-config / libpng-config files, they still have the absolute paths from my install here.

Well if you do edit these files with a text editor (they are in the bin directory) and replace i686-pc-mingw32/usr by nothing, it should fix the problems.

Sorry guys, at least it allowed me to update this and edit the config files in bin, you won't have to edit anything anymore normally.

And added freetype too now.

Now maybe I still forgot something, we'll see how it works !

Now be careful the 7z links seem to display the files directly in the browser as if the web server here didn't know about .7z files. The weird thing is that it works from the main download page though. I'll have to send a message to alpha to see if he has an idea...

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1