Batman Arkham knight - going to be an A+ game with the look of it!

emsley

Gonna be the real deal.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/batman-arkham-knight

The only constant negative I've seen is the Batmobile turning into a stupid tank and you have to shoot other tanks.

Which is pretty friking wierd for a batman game, they might as well put in a QTE cooking event in the batcave.

Edited by emsley

Let's see how its PC release stacks:

- horrible performance

- apparently crashy/buggy

- Denuvo DRM (seems to stress ssds hard)

- has only a 36% positive score on Steam ("mostly negative" reception)? Now you can't add Steam reviews, likely so the score doesnt sink to zero.

I'll stick to the previous games for now, til this gets patched.

Edited by Hard Core Rikki

Let's see how its PC release stacks:

- horrible performance

- apparently crashy/buggy

- Denuvo DRM (seems to stress ssds hard)

- has only a 36% positive score on Steam ("mostly negative" reception)? Now you can't add Steam reviews, likely so the score doesnt sink to zero.

I'll stick to the previous games for now, til this gets patched.

This kind of thing is a major contributor to the fact that I'm not a PC gamer.

Dedicaced gaming machines are not much safer. I attribute the poor state of a lot of releases to the fact games can be updated with patches, and console makers do nothing to deter what I call "gigantopatches" that literally switch the game's code with a modified near-complete version.

It's also used as a soft piracy deterrence system, where existing leaked versions either contain antipiracy tripwires or are similarly crashy (an issue regular customers wouldnt have if they update).

Yup, Arkham knight for the PC Sucks big time.

I just seen a few videos with I7 and 960/80s rig running it and stuttering. :lol:

So two choice as a PC gamer, get your money back if you bought it off steam which everyone should be doing to send these fuckers a message.

Second choice is to wait out the crack for the game and pirate it, but even then you are looking at a wait because it isnt cracked and will take time, then the patches will probably take some work as well.

Anything Warner brothers is involved in, stay clear on PC in future till you see it reviewed and that its working ok for most rigs/users.

I ALMOST bought a new graphics card today for this game I'm glad I didn't, I'll save my cash for the back end of the year or something.

Edited by emsley

I couldn't get the Xbox 360 or One pad to work with the game. :sad:

Are you playing on PC Jacko?

Yes, I can only use the mouse and keyboard and I can't get used to that!

You will buddy, just give it a bit more time.

I have no problems chaining massive combos together with keyboard and mouse!

You could always try motionjoy drivers and a PS3/4 Pad?

Set it to emulate a 360 pad if thats your thing.

Mind be careful motion joy drivers can be a pig I've installed them four or five times and on a couple of those i had to remove them completely.