What can we do...

Fatal Rose

Play a game(s) as a community, twitch.

I have a twitch channel.

Yeah, I saw :) I'm subscribed/following you. Now we just need a game to play.

• Like 1

Sharing' tends to be a good activity initiator, since the barrier to entry doesn't rise across time.

People could engage in a lot more mobile discussion, notably mobile emulation on Android/iOS/etc... It's a way to keep around people who otherwise grew out of emulation/gaming, and expand reach (comparatively few follow emulation, far more use smartphones/tablets, and those devices accompany them everywhere).

There's also too much general talk IMO (news seem to difficultly start discussion). Probably because the most active appear to be longtimers that may have grown out of emulation as young adults. Emulation should be discussed in a ratio of at least 50/50, to keep focus. Thoughts on ongoing development discussions (say to keep up with developments for specific projects, like dolphin/rpcs3/citra)? Project-specific perpetual threads tend to get their followers surfacing and contributing more specific, higher quality activity.

Too bad no one ever got netplay to work on any nes or snes emulators, that would be a cool time

I thought it worked fine on RetroArch ? Edited by Hard Core Rikki

We need to focus on the mobile emulators for smartphones and tablets.... but I just haven't got around to it (and honestly, my life is so busy these days that it would have to be one of you guys). If one of you decides to do this, it'll give us a huge boost of activity.

May as well ask -- Anybody here know if there are any emulators for the XBOX 360 or PS3 in development? I wonder....

Another thing we can do is have a few of us active on places like reddit and their emulation subforums. We can help them by referring to our site with links to emulators to download from our downloads section and topics with questions we've already answered here on the forums. Lastly, if any of you are interested in posting on the Facebook page to help us gain more followers (or invite your friends to the page!), let me know.

May as well ask -- Anybody here know if there are any emulators for the XBOX 360 or PS3 in development? I wonder....

PS3: rpcs3 (boots games, shows graphics)

Xbox360: Xenia

3DS: Citra (runs some games)

All opensource, very active.

Thing is emusites stopped being a viable center of development, so folks are taking it to their own sites to accomodate their needs much better (including those of monetization, like with ads whose gain flows to support development).

Regarding mobile, maybe a (public?) master list of hardware ownership in any form could help along another for new purchases, in case discussions or testing need to be focused on specific hardware (you cant ask everyone every time who's got a specific model of tablet and expect timely positive responses too).

Edited by Hard Core Rikki

PS3: rpcs3 (boots games, shows graphics)

Xbox360: Xenia

3DS: Citra (runs some games)

All opensource, very active.

Thing is emusites stopped being a viable center of development, so folks are taking it to their own sites to accomodate their needs much better (including those of monetization, like with ads whose gain flows to support development).

Regarding mobile, maybe a (public?) master list of hardware ownership in any form could help along another for new purchases, in case discussions or testing need to be focused on specific hardware (you cant ask everyone every time who's got a specific model of tablet and expect timely positive responses too).

Does Xenia have a forum? Maybe we can offer to host it. Seems like EmuNewz.net got the official forum for rpc3... missed out there. Any idea who owns EmuNewz.net?