Metal Slug 5 (mslug5.zip/ms5.zip) News

Mr.X

this game is way too short.. ;)

Agreed. Even the first one felt a lot longer than this. Personally I think Metal Slug x and Metal Slug 3 were the best. They are serious shooters with a little of that SNK originality magic thrown in. Turning into mummies and zombies. Riding on heavily armed elephants and camels. Monkies with dual uzis helping you. What could be better :D I think SNK really tried to go with the original formula from the first game, throw in a new shoot/slide move (cool but I really dont put it to any use) and redo the enemies and sounds a bit to make it seem fresh. Unfortunately there is no general morden anymore. Youre fighting an unknown and pretty overfunded army, and the leader seems to be some demon whom which nobody know where it came from. And lastly, how can jungle men pick up a mask, get it grafted onto thier faces (by lightening ofcourse) and control an army of technologically superior forced of whom they just seemed to have met. It seems the no story gameplay from 4 continued on with this edition. Well hopefully the new Atomis wave slug wannabe can prove to be a worthy game.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno if this was ever posted or not  but http://n-r.webhop.org/ has rom fixes for mslug5nd set. it does the following from the readme:

p1 - 975eb06a to 3b4eda6b

V1 - C3540E0D to DC7F03F0

V2 - 077BD2F4 to EEB7C926

V3 - 39B14567 to 02FD519E

V4 - 969FF3B2 to D7C67794

also it seems to be another m1 rom being only 64k which can be found in the sites rom release

I already tested all the fixes and the m1 on winkawaks and it works perfect :angry:

P.S. this site has the kof2k3 rom as well if you still need it :D

M1 (128 Kb) & M1 (64 Kb) is in fact the same thing, because when U split the first one (128 Kb) in 2 parts, U can notice the 2nd part (64 Kb) is a dummy file. So, M1 (64 Kb) is useless.

how is the m1 64k useless if it works with no problem.

You guys can check this link..............warn me if i can't post it......so I won't do it again. NEO GEO ROMS

Vote me if you like the link I give ya! Vote me by giving me a number. 1 is the worse and 5 as the best. "Credits goes to coolrom.com"

Edited by johnnylee_hang

You guys can check this link..............warn me if i can't post it......so I won't do it again. NEO GEO ROMS

Vote me if you like the link I give ya! Vote me by giving me a number. 1 is the worse and 5 as the best. "Credits goes to coolrom.com"

Sengoku 2 has been updated are the roms updated to mame 79

I just downloaded mslug5.zip and got the p1 file from neogamez and used fixes for most of the other files but when i try to play it the screen is messed. waves of mumbo jumbo come in from the top and bottom. any help would be appriciated  :blink:

What emulator are you using? How big is the zip archive?