Metal Slug 5 (mslug5.zip/ms5.zip) News

Mr.X

Hi

I've downloaded the WinKawaks 1.6 w/ Loader (146loader.exe by HappyASR). When I use the loader, it doesn't seem to use the asr.dat file. If I check say Rage of the Dragon in WinKawaks, it's not there, but it is in the asr.dat file. I've got the rom and the p1 patch but just can't play it because of the dat file.

Please help!

Spike

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have a winkawaks loader yet either, but I have a hacked NRX that can play Metal Slug 5 perfectly if you wish to request it. If you have an XBOX you can get MSlug 5 to work on KawaX. My AIM Address is XerotoNine on AIM and I will be taking requests every now and then for forum members only.

It's a 31 meg zip file containing the Emulator and the Game already in the rom folder with the directory already set. All you have to do is unzip it and start enjoying some pf the most wonderful 2d gaming ever. I would like to request someone to post a site or link to a hacked winkawaks that can play these games:

Power Battle Matrimelee; King of the Fighters 00 and 02; Metal Slug 4 and 5;Rage of the Dragons; SVC Chaos Plus (Bootleg or Final) and Garou Mark of the Wolves (Final)

I would be much obliged for someone to give me a link to a hacked kawaks that can play those games or atleast show me how to change the add.dat file so I can play them. I don't know how to qoute or anything like that because I'm not forum savvy like the rest of you. :(

Edited by Lucian

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I unzipped it. But now I have a new problem.

I got a compiled version of MAME for Mslug5. I downloaded mslug5nd, and tried to play it. I got to the Select Player screen, chose, and the game goes to a black screen with PLEASE WAIT at the bottom, and locks up.

I got a compiled version of MAME for Mslug5. I downloaded mslug5nd, and tried to play it. I got to the Select Player screen, chose, and the game goes to  a black screen with PLEASE WAIT at the bottom, and locks up.

I didn't get any blank screens? B)

I got a compiled version of MAME for Mslug5. I downloaded mslug5nd, and tried to play it. I got to the Select Player screen, chose, and the game goes to  a black screen with PLEASE WAIT at the bottom, and locks up.

what version of mame are you useing ?

please make sure the rom stays zipped up

anyway try here http://members.westnet.com.au/the%2Dkula/mame.html

this mame version runs three versions of mslug5

mslug5 mslug5n mslugnd so there will be a good chance you can get your rom set working. B)

Just out of interest i tried the mame32 that James reccomended and my version of mslug5nd has a problem with the 268-p1.bin,but works ok in Neomame, so try both if you have problems.

mine has fixes.

mabye neomame does not

anyway what is the problem.what errors are you getting. it would be nice if you are going to explain things...