Metal Slug 5 (mslug5.zip/ms5.zip) News

Mr.X

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metal Slug five is the shiznit (Although three is the best one in my opinion) I finally got it working with absolutely no problems in NeoRage X. I'm on the third stage now and loving it although that new Mecha slug is a little too clunky for my tastes and the slide move is a good addition for Eye Candy but I never really have had any use for it now. Who ever has it get NeoRage X and Slug your way through. :lol:

Metal Slug five is the shiznit (Although three is the best one in my opinion)  I finally got it working with absolutely no problems in NeoRage X.  I'm on the third stage now and loving it although that new Mecha slug is a little too clunky for my tastes and the slide move is a good addition for Eye Candy but I never really have had any use for it now. Who ever has it get NeoRage X and Slug your way through. :lol:

So what was the problem with the gfx and how did you correct it?

It may help other people.

I really honestly dont know exactly. I was just messing around and bam it started playing. I have like three different hacked versions of NRX and I just kept fooling around with the rom names until it started working. The same thing happened to me with KOF 2000 and 2002. But I got those both working in NRX and Kawaks 1.46 doing the same thing. I just think I have some dumb luck. Now if only I could get Rage of the Dragons to work in Kawaks. I don't know I just can't stand Mame and NRX is limited to NeoGeo only and I love playing on Kaillera which NRX doesnt have.

Yeah, I also read that post at neo-geo.com about the hidden stuff they found while debugging the code and stuff. Pretty cool, although if you guys look closely, doesn't that giant turtle kinda look like it's super-imposed over the thing it's sitting on? I could be imagining things, but the lighting and shading, especially around the legs and near the feet, it totally doesn't match at all. :(