R.I.P. Yo-yo

Today at around 8AM my dog Yo-yo from who I got my username from had to be put down. He lived to be 15 years old. I am a grown ass man and I honestly cannot handle this. I have been crying ever since. I don't even know what to say. I miss him so much already. That dog literally saved my life. I have never loved something like that before and I never will again. I have never experienced pain like this before. When people die I can usually shrug it off, but this...

Feel your pain my friend. I had one that lived for 16 years and she died over 4 years ago and I still miss her and cannot bring myself to get another. I know where you are coming from. All I can say is hang in there is does get easier in time but you never truly forget or get over it.

I've gone through a few dogs over the years and I'll say the one I connected with most was my dog Buddy. He was pit and rot with a little mix of something else but he was such a sweet heart and gentle. He used to care a lot, if you looked sad or were crying he would come over and put his head on you. I know your pain, I occasionally still feel sad when ever I think about him. He unfortunately had some complications and was only with us for 8 years. I know your pain, you don't have to move on, you don't need to replace, nothing will ever fill that spot, but you can get a new companion to help you through it.

Best wishes Shibat.

It does get easier.

I had a dog that had to go to a dogs home as it was too aggressive and unpredictable.

It was put to sleep three weeks later as its aggression came through at the home.

Fucked with my head majorly mate, but now i dont think about it much, dwelling on it is asking for a remind, give it time and it will get easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn... brings back memories from when my cat passed away. She was with me for 19(!) years. Never really liked to be held too much and was, for all intents and purposes, a glorified pin cushion (with the pins reversed)... but she did show her affection, a lot.