Do you ever get sad or depressed? If so, how do you deal with it?

Alpha

During these 12 years that have transpired during the existence of 1emulation -- our personal worlds and life itself has changed dramatically for all of us. I've had to deal with my own personal bouts of bullshit numerous times -- to the point that I question why humans must endure so much. However, for each pain I have endured, I have conquered. I always use that energy and manifest it into positive energy. By positive energy, I mean moving past it, seeing there is always other options, slowly improving my own spirits and health, etc. etc. It hasn't been easy though.

For one - I'm not really an advocate of anti-depressants (which is the only thing Dr.'s know these days), but I do know they work for many. Second, alcohol is not something I enjoy binging on to ease the pain, which many of my friends do when the going gets tough. Third, I'm not into marijuana either, or any other drug for that matter. I guess I'd rather feel the pain at 100% than simmer it down into nothingness.

So how do you guys deal with the crap in life?

'Normalize' your mood through interaction with other people.

Contribute to the building of positive circumstances for interaction rather than passively absorb others' (noone enjoys the companionship of the depressive, opposite goes for cheerful people fun to hang and chat with, even if forced)

Leaving negative or deep thoughts in the backburner by engaging in activities whose finaility doesnt force you back to negativity (going out for sport, socialization, getting back in touch with people...)

Companionship in realworld rather than online favorizes exteriorization and spontaneity, the latter introversion (Facebook and now smartphones exacerbated this phenomenon).

'Normalize' your mood through interaction with other people.

Contribute to the building of positive circumstances for interaction rather than passively absorb others' (noone enjoys the companionship of the depressive, opposite goes for cheerful people fun to hang and chat with, even if forced)

Leaving negative or deep thoughts in the backburner by engaging in activities whose finaility doesnt force you back to negativity (going out for sport, socialization, getting back in touch with people...)

Companionship in realworld rather than online favorizes exteriorization and spontaneity, the latter introversion (Facebook and now smartphones exacerbated this phenomenon).

Lol I think that translates to getting a social life!!!

Nice post though.

Yes I see the damaged and strangeness all this instant connection stuff does to people.

I find my self shut in more than I should be lately, and its odd but the web pretty much comforts people..

I sometimes think I suffer from dysthemia. But it's hard to tell, since I am never one to show a lot or little enthusiasm about much of anything. I am not easily excitable or "down in the dumps" on a regular basis. This even keel, like a slow burn, has been my personality for the better part of 15 years, so its gone on long enough to make me wonder if I am depressed or not.

I don't break down and cry in fits randomly or rage for no reason ... I suppose that would make me bipolar. No ... I'm a very relaxed, chill person. Some say TOO relaxed, which affects my motivation at times and keeps me somewhat withdrawn, sullen almost to others I suppose, and quiet in general.

So, I dunno. I try not to think about it.

I sometimes think I suffer from dysthemia. But it's hard to tell, since I am never one to show a lot or little enthusiasm about much of anything. I am not easily excitable or "down in the dumps" on a regular basis. This even keel, like a slow burn, has been my personality for the better part of 15 years, so its gone on long enough to make me wonder if I am depressed or not.

I don't break down and cry in fits randomly or rage for no reason ... I suppose that would make me bipolar. No ... I'm a very relaxed, chill person. Some say TOO relaxed, which affects my motivation at times and keeps me somewhat withdrawn, sullen almost to others I suppose, and quiet in general.

So, I dunno. I try not to think about it.

Who knows, some people are just wired darker than others.

You aint got bipolor mate, you would know if you had that.

I've seen people in manic and sad phases...

Manic is like they have had 6 shots of cocaine and an enrgy drink, sad is just fucking awful for them.

Lol yeah definitely not bipolar then lol.

And I would have to agree that this site makes me sadface at times.

Lol yeah definitely not bipolar then lol.

And I would have to agree that this site makes me sadface at times.

The best way to increase activity in this site is with your help. I have many ideas, but only so little time throughout the week. I have never given up on this site, but sadly, my life is not what it used to be 10 years ago when I had more time at my disposal. If you want to help, please send me a PM, and I'll send you some details. Everything counts. The more we work together, the more we can really make this place explode with new blood!