Anime

So I've been keeping up on most of the newest anime's that come out and I feel like there's nothing interesting anymore. Mostly that they are repeating previous anime's but doing them in a slightly different way.

For example: Sword Art Online, this anime is mostly original although seemingly copied from the dot hack series. The interesting thing about this anime is that nearly the same time it came out a futuristic anime called accel world came out. these two anime's created in two different studio's overlapped and became based from the same roots.

Since they came to an end another anime took the same concept but changed it quite a bit. This anime is called Log Horizon. In this anime everyone is stuck in a game as well, but the difference here is that it seems their world got copied into the server so they live where they always have but inside a game. Oh and the NPC's are like real people.

I feel like everything is getting recycled in one way or another.

Any suggestions for new anime's to watch?

I have seen attack on titan, it's pretty awesome. I watched the entire series already. Also deadman wonderland is fantastic.

This might sound weird but deadman wonderland made me want to watch Eureka 7 because of the similar drawing styles. So I'm around episode 40 on Eureka 7. I wish they had more episodes of deadman wonderland.

I will check out Psycho-Pass.

I want to give Magi another chance, I always feel like that anime gets very generic. And now there's a second season.

I suppose I should have stated the anime's I'm currently watching.

Naruto Shippuiden

Eureka 7

Basquash! (Rewatching this series because its so amazing)

Madoka Magical Girl (very on the fence about this anime, only seen 1 episode and it seems way too girly for me, its sitting in the netflix queue)

Sword Art Online (dubbed version sitting in netflix queue) figured I watched in in japanese 2 times now I should see the English version.

If you havent seen Basquash! or Gakuen Mokushiroku: High School of the Dead I really suggest either of them.

I kinda gave up on anime and stick to manga.

I do both!

Manga for the newest and un-anime yet stories, And Anime to add music and voices that fit the plot. You get the best of both worlds!

I suppose I should have stated the anime's I'm currently watching.

Naruto Shippuiden

Eureka 7

Basquash! (Rewatching this series because its so amazing)

Madoka Magical Girl (very on the fence about this anime, only seen 1 episode and it seems way too girly for me, its sitting in the netflix queue)

Sword Art Online (dubbed version sitting in netflix queue) figured I watched in in japanese 2 times now I should see the English version.

If you havent seen Basquash! or Gakuen Mokushiroku: High School of the Dead I really suggest either of them.

Eureka 7 - I saw this a few years ago when it aired on the anime nights in canada. WIDE cast of characters and an awesome story. Loved it!

Naruto Shippuden - Was watching the newest of this until Neon Alley shut down in canada, I was on ep. 198. It was building to something big that I'll prolly never see...

Basquatch! - Never heard of this before but put it in my download queue to check out.

H.o.t.D. - Watched it all uncut on dvd in 2012. Still waiting for them to complete the story up to where the manga is.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - This one I watched in a month on Neon Alley. It has some creepy art that will stay with you for days, The story in the end makes it a very enjoyable anime.

SAO - I've watched up to ep. 13 on subbed crunchyroll but now I see canada netflix also has it in dubbed. I'll have to finish it to see how SAO 2 will have guns!

I have watched a few "managa" movies.

When I was a teenager the first one I ever watched was Akira.

You can imagine becoming hooked on manga was an easy thing after that, even as a kid I always prefered the original cantonese voices with subtitles. (is it cantonese?)

After that I opted for Venus wars, again another brilliant movie.

Then it was fist of the north star, it still haunts me to this day that he got beat at the end by that bellend.

After that It was project A-ko, and I managed to buy the one set in space which was a pile of shit, in the old manga trailers that looked awesome but there was hardly any action at all.

Then It was pure guess work with what ever was on the store shelf, so I opted for Cyber city the first one.

I had all three of them on VHS shortly after, the second was by far the best one.

I think vampire hunter D - im not sure if I have seen that, but I have definitely seen van helsing thats a series.

Ninja scroll was a quality anime, the hentia one legend of the overfeind - well it wasnt what i was expecting at all just some weird shit, but as a young man it was better than page three!

I saved one of the best for last though, Spriggan - really good!

Only have grappler baki and afro samurai to watch now and I think I have watched nearly all the must see mangas.

Bambi - SAO ep 14-25 is quite good as well. Most people rag on it because they think 13 should have been the logical end, so I can see why you would stop there. My personal opinion is that it goes into a new direction after that.

If you liked SAO, you should see Log Horizon. Its almost the same thing. And of course Accel world, which is the very weird. The manga's intertwine a lot with SAO. It's weird.

Ems - Akira is a cult classic. Although not everyone likes it, it is something that usually everyone has seen.

If you like these older style anime's you would like Berserk. Its really graphic, I would say the most bloody anime to ever be put on the shelves. Most say Elfen Lied is the bloodiest, berserk makes elfen lied look like a childrens show. I prefer their native language as well, its usually Japanese, I know that ninja scroll and akira are japanese. I do not recall Project A-ko.

Afro samurai is funny, voiced by Samuel L Jackson. I have not seen spriggan and did not watch all of Vampire Hunter D.

Veristic - I do not read anime's as much anymore since I'm usually quite busy. I used to read the short hard to find series like Junk Wars and so on. I don't enjoy the very long drawn out manga's like Naruto or bleach.

I still have a box of manga's around somewhere. I have Berserk, Ragnarok Online, Junk Wars, and King of Bandit Jing. I think I have a full metal panic from a long time ago too.