Most secure browser for privacy?

emsley

I use chrome, but I'm not trusting it one little bit lately.

Using gmail and chrome although handy, it likes to log you into a bunch of stuff IE youtube/google+(who the fuck uses this?) and when you post a youtubevideo it logs your posts if you log in with gmail.

For me this is suspicious, at what point did creating an email account to logging into three different things with your digital shadow following you?

In truth I reckon chrome has harvested loads of data on people.

I was wondering if you clued up lads knowwhich is the browser that proper ninjas use?

Chrome collects and leaks like it's made by the NSA. Firefox is much better even vanilla. Ditching sync and privacy-focused addons will secure peace of mind.

For the most privacy, I suppose you could give the TOR browser bundle a go, but as all information is relayed and all nodes cannot be trusted (many are malicious, others simply insecure - Hearthbleed), it'd only be recommended for discrete browsing, not for logging into any site.

I still use Firefox, although a whole bunch of sites claim this version (3.6) is unsupported

...maybe it's time to update.

Edited by Hard Core Rikki

Why the hell would anyone use Firefox 3.6 nowadays?

Because I'm still running Windows 2000 on 0.5GHz Celeron?

Later versions of Firefox will install and run, but they are so bloated the entire machine almost freezes.

Chrome won't install, although I've heard that it will work if you hack the installer.

I have an old version of Opera installed, but it can't even display the Google logo properly.

And, of course, the infamous IE6, which is much less supported than FF 3.6 is, and has major problems with many sites.

Why the hell would anyone use Firefox 3.6 nowadays?

Because I'm still running Windows 2000 on 0.5GHz Celeron?

Later versions of Firefox will install and run, but they are so bloated the entire machine almost freezes.

Chrome won't install, although I've heard that it will work if you hack the installer.

I have an old version of Opera installed, but it can't even display the Google logo properly.

And, of course, the infamous IE6, which is much less supported than FF 3.6 is, and has major problems with many sites.

Ok, fair enough.

But why such an ancient piece of hardware?