Looking for a software

Phased

Greetings,

Today I'm looking to see if anyone knows of a software that can synchronize multiple desktops and allow project management. I've spent the better half of the day looking for this software and it doesn't seem to exist.

Essentially what I need this software to do is:

Allow team members to update projects and workflow.

Assign time sensitive projects to key members of the team.

Notify all team members when projects are assigned.

Automatically sign in when the computer comes online.

Deal Breakers:

Cannot be purely web based. My team is lazy and will forget to log in. Thats why I would like a downloadable notifier, something that can get their attention when there is something assigned to them.

It's fine if the notification opens up to a browser, but the notifier is key. Also the ability to assign roles/tasks to people is very important too.

It doesn't have to be super customizable like Podio or anything, but I would like to store notes between employee's this way too. Like whiteboarding, but with notes.

So anyone know of a software like this?

Thank you!

Sounds like the software used on a helpdesk. There are lots of those around. Most are web-based, however they will send an email when a task is assigned to you or your group, and a reminder when the assigned amount of time (the SLA) will expire. There is space for people to enter notes which the others can read.

You can set up incidents, requests, problems and changes as you wish. They are usually ITIL-compliant.

I don't think you'll find a freeby on the net though.

• Like 1

I actually found a really great project manager that has notifications w/ assignments. Although its web-based I did find that it sends notifications via alerts to phones and emails. Its the closest I've come to finding what I'm actually looking for, although I have looked at the helpdesk options I haven't seen everything in one package.

It's also free which was the reason I started using it today. Still looking for great alternatives though.

By syncing, do you mean source code, files or multimedia assets (like images, 3d, media) or internal activities (chatter, notes, changes...)?

Overall, sounds you're looking for Jira, Confluence and related tools. Jira can be run as an autorunning/restarting Windows/mac service. Not all apps have free tiers but I think it's cheap for small deployments (10 users and less. Monthly if hosted, lifetime if downloadable).

Available both as online deployments and downloadable installs with several compatible desktop clients.

Edited by Hard Core Rikki

By syncing, do you mean source code, files or multimedia assets (like images, 3d, media) or internal activities (chatter, notes, changes...)?

Overall, sounds you're looking for Jira, Confluence and related tools. Jira can be run as an autorunning/restarting Windows/mac service. Not all apps have free tiers but I think it's cheap for small deployments (10 users and less. Monthly if hosted, lifetime if downloadable).

Available both as online deployments and downloadable installs with several compatible desktop clients.

Thanks Rikki, I'll give it a shot. I think this is going to be exactly what I'm looking for.