Dreamcast problem

I recently purchased a Dreamcast from eBay only to have a problem. When I plug it in and fire it up it'll immediately come to a screen asking me to adjust the date and time. Problem is I can't move the indicator to adjust it. I've tried multiple controllers, ports, etc.

It boots up with the Dreamcast logo and everything, but stops.

I purchased another Dreamcast on eBay that works perfectly without fault. Am I doing something wrong?

I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!! <_<

I recently purchased a Dreamcast from eBay only to have a problem. When I plug it in and fire it up it'll immediately come to a screen asking me to adjust the date and time. Problem is I can't move the indicator to adjust it. I've tried multiple controllers, ports, etc.

It boots up with the Dreamcast logo and everything, but stops.

I purchased another Dreamcast on eBay that works perfectly without fault. Am I doing something wrong?

I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!! <_<

Ummm...I think people should never buy crap from Ebay unless you feel really comfortable doing so. The only thing to come to my mind is that you got ripped off my friend! Someone had to sell you a broken Dreamcast.

this sounds like one of those HEY I GOT A GOOD IDEA!!! LETS HACK/SWAP THE DC BIOS!!! jobs one wrong....

i WOULD say that the internal battery is dead and that MIGHT be the problem (if you want ill tell you how to change it) but the thing where you cant even move the indicators and such is odd.....can you just push start and keep it the default time that shows up? because you dont really need the correct time in for anything.

And your saying it doesnt boot into games either right?

if you have a browser disc (or just burn one from DC++ or something) and it will boot you can try to reset the dreamcasts internal memory and see if that works

first insert the web browsers GD-ROM (or CD-R) into you'r console, then plug a single contoller into port b and hold buttons b and x while turning on the system.If you keep holding them until the web browser log in screen appears, the internal memory will be reset

Or as a last resort you can try to find of those system restore disc images floating around (these have never worked for me, and im guessing the reason yours is flocked up is because someone found a "working" that actually just screwed it up more)

ill be back later with some more possible solutions....