Online dating - major waste of time.

emsley

I only did it once on POF and got a few dates but then I noticed some kind of embarrassment creeping up my neck. I didnt even meet them I just got a date then felt nothing for it.

This generation of web users think its pretty normal.

It aint really is it?

If you walk in a room and some one puts down photos and some basic info and writing, then puts a yes on it, takes it to another room where that other person is and they look it over and say yes or no..

Just has massive gaps dont it?

What do you reckon, has it worked for you?

Very easy for a woman compared to a guy.

So there are gaps in online dating. That is definite. People do not get to know the real you and instead only get to know what you tell them. This can all be falsified too.

I have done online dating, quite a bit actually. Most of which ended in one or two night stands. I'll confess that its easier to get a girl in bed through online dating. Of course there are also risks.

I found my wife on an online dating site. We had dated for about a year and then I broke up with her because she did not want to do anything with her life and I didn't want to drag myself down and be the bread maker.

If I was smart I would have kept it that way. Unfortunately I used her for booty calls and ended up getting her pregnant. Thats fine, I have a beautiful son out of the whole thing. I ended up getting back together with her so I could be in my son's life and make sure hes being taken care of properly. During the time me and her were broken up I slept with 3 women I had met from online dating, it may not result in "The one" but it definitely resulted in some fun.

I would use online dating again if I were single. And I would say it was easier for me to reject women. Though I did get some rejection too, its apart of the game.

Edited by Phased

It's as normal as speed dating is. Social networking has changed the way people communicate, for better or worse. Before the internet, match-making was a profession in some regard, and considered normal. And before that, it was considered acceptable to let your parents find you a domestic partner. It's all relative. Do what works for you in the end.

I consider it "normal" insofar as it isn't queer in a social sense, though I prefer meeting a girl under casual, face-to-face circumstances.

So there are gaps in online dating. That is definite. People do not get to know the real you and instead only get to know what you tell them. This can all be falsified too.

I have done online dating, quite a bit actually. Most of which ended in one or two night stands. I'll confess that its easier to get a girl in bed through online dating. Of course there are also risks.

I found my wife on an online dating site. We had dated for about a year and then I broke up with her because she did not want to do anything with her life and I didn't want to drag myself down and be the bread maker.

If I was smart I would have kept it that way. Unfortunately I used her for booty calls and ended up getting her pregnant. Thats fine, I have a beautiful son out of the whole thing. I ended up getting back together with her so I could be in my son's life and make sure hes being taken care of properly. During the time me and her were broken up I slept with 3 women I had met from online dating, it may not result in "The one" but it definitely resulted in some fun.

I would use online dating again if I were single. And I would say it was easier for me to reject women. Though I did get some rejection too, its apart of the game.

Nice one pal, I have a son too.

I dont get to see him much but im working on more access through the courts.

It's as normal as speed dating is. Social networking has changed the way people communicate, for better or worse. Before the internet, match-making was a profession in some regard, and considered normal. And before that, it was considered acceptable to let your parents find you a domestic partner. It's all relative. Do what works for you in the end.

I consider it "normal" insofar as it isn't queer in a social sense, though I prefer meeting a girl under casual, face-to-face circumstances.

What race/culture are you?

The court systems pretty challenging for males. It seems that most courts side with the mothers.

I thought about that myself since I know I could take care of my son better than her. But in the end I felt it better to just be there for both of them. I would be very disappointed to lose in court to her and then have to pay spousal/child support together.

Edited by Phased

What race/culture are you?

Korean-American

The one thing I do notice on a constant basis with women is the list of requirements.

I'm not been cruel but say a single mother will be more open and friendly, but once you start getting the more attractive kidless ones the demands start happening. Its more of an interest for me.

Stuff you see women say a lot:

Height, you got to be a min of 5'11 so if you aint blessed in the height department online is already pretty superficial.

You dont see guys saying "Well fuck this! you got to be at least 5'10 etc!

Build, you got to be toned and big now, I see some of the guys on that place and if you dont spend half your life in the Gym taking roids you are off the list. Even in my city where I would say women are not as americanised/feminised you get a lot of women asking for this, one of them said "My last boyfriend was a roid head so i dont want that again." :o

Like its normal!!!

Tattoos, I see this constantly, you must have a sleeve tattooed on your arm.

Uh.... Alright.. whatever.

Obviously if you don't have a car and she does it makes things awkward, and you probably need a steady income before you pass the screening phase.

Looks: The be all and end all, you can be tall but if they think you are ugly it wont rub.

Its a loaded game thats for sure.

Alright I will give you that, they want to wait for prince charming, but most of the time they don't realize that prince charming is usually already locked down. If hes not then hes probably making you his mistress on the side.

Women will always want what they want, you cant control their demands. I know my wife was one of those "I don't want anything" to now having an ipad mini and iphone 5S along with everything else because she wants to be spoiled. Its really about preventing it all from happening all at once.

As for their requirements I have encountered this in the past, and most times I am able to get past those requirements. At the end of the day women only want to be entertained and have fun. They can find that with someone outside their realm of requirements.

My wife finds Tom Hiddleston attractive. So much so that she is obsessiving over him. I could care less who shes fanboying over, but from the aspect of other women hes not attractive.

I usually don't fall into the "hot" category so I know the rejection, the most common word usage with me is "Cute" and I can live with that. Its allowed me to be successful in the past so im not terribly worried about that. Toned, I would say my arms are, but I'm definitely packing a beer keg right now. I'm not tall 5'6'' - 5'7' but I would rarely go for someone taller than my anyways with my own preference. I don't have tattoo's but I make due. Haven't had any complaints yet.

I honestly think it comes down to approach. Everyone has their own approach and some women want to be approached in a specific way.

I'll use your example as my example. A mother on a dating site. She isn't looking for love, thats what got her pregnant. She is looking to spend some time with an adult and have fun. She probably hasn't been able to go out in a couple years and is really missing it. I would suggest an opening that screams "lets have fun" and she will most definitely sign up. Unless you look creepy. Another thing about this is that you would have to be open to her bringing her child if she is unable to find a sitter. She will do all she can to leave the child with a sitter anyways. But be open to it. The next thing is that as long as you have fun with her its almost a surely a sealed deal unless she plays hard to get. Remember shes there to interact with an adult. She wants to experience adult :P

Edited by Phased

Oh you meant like ... dating site online dating? Yeah the most popular/commercial ones are chalk full of pretentious women who want a well-paid, good-looking, tall, fit, smart, funny guy who has graduated college and lives on his own, and hopeless guys who dream they can land a high maintenance lady.

I feel that categorizing compatibility cheapens the experience of meeting the opposite sex (or same sex if so inclined), but a lot of self-described "modern" women seem to believe that they deserve nothing less than "ideal." What we as individuals believe we deserve is subjective, and confuse separation in our minds with what is an ideal partner from THE ideal partner ... because — let's be realistic — there's no such thing as perfect.

I blame the media, for filtering a level of beautification towards society that is superficial. I also know that one cannot fight loneliness.

• Like 1