WWE Weekend: Wrestlemania XXX & Hall of Fame 2014

Alpha

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/pro-wrestling-legend-ultimate-warrior-dead-54/story?id=23250160

For you current wrestling fans ... I bring grim tidings. The Ultimate Warrior died on April 8th, days after Wrestlemania.

Oddly enough, I recently changed my avatar to Ultimate Warrior about a week ago....

I heard about it a few hours after the news came. I truly have never felt so shocked and saddened for any celebrity in a long time. Ultimate Warrior was a marvelous character that inspired me as an individual. It has come out of his past bigoted comments, etc. -- however, (not trying to give it a free pass here) I've always known about Warrior (he legally changed his name to that) and all the crap he's said in the past few years, but the character to me and what it represented was filled with just so much positive energy that I tended to look past his political stances.

I look for the good in all people and what I saw this weekend and on Monday was a guy who genuinely seemed like a changed man, who forgave a lot of people, including Vince McMahon who was his arch nemesis for 18 years. To see him inducted into the hall of the fame, walk in with his 2 beautiful daughters, and to now know they don't have a father, and the fans don't have an Ultimate Warrior, really sucks to witness -- even if it were only on television. R.I.P.