So did anyone buy an XBOX One or PS4?

Alpha

I'm not anti-social, this "social" stuff online is, if I want to talk to people I'll do it in person. I get the in-game chat, but facebook on my Xbox? Fuck off...

Xbox one doesn't have facebook or anything like it

I'm not anti-social, this "social" stuff online is, if I want to talk to people I'll do it in person. I get the in-game chat, but facebook on my Xbox? Fuck off...

Xbox one doesn't have facebook or anything like it

It hasn't come yet...but it is, the PS4 shipped with it. Point is, they're integrating all this other crap that is a waste of resources.

No chance in hell am I buying either system until their bargain basement priced. They're barely next gen, running gimped ass PC hardware with bloatware "social" features out the ass eating up resources in the background that could be put towards game horsepower.

Infact I think I'm done with console gaming PERIOD, I've fucking HAD IT with the social BS...it's bad enough people are hooked on facebook so bad they have to be using it on their cell phones, I DON'T want to frickin talk to your ass while I'm playing a game too!

Back to the days where you got a game worth the money you paid for it, mostly geared to single player, and multiplayer is an afterthought!

applause-gif-3.gif

Xbox one and ps4 are not worth the price ATM.

The games available are trash.

Im sticking with PC and have considered getting a nintendo WII u, i have a feeling nintendo are going back to their roots.

How shit have this generation of gamers got?

They actually think its normal to buy an expansion pack on the day of release.

Boils my piss.

I have used shittybook, but i just cant help but see through it in a way, im off there now i just cant hack it.

I was on the bus yesterday and this guy logged in and he scrolled his feed

(yeah i was being nosey) all i saw was adverts, pictures of food, then he closed the app and a minute later LOGGED in again.

I was like "we are so fucked"

This generation is gripped by the balls.

I walk past a a school a week ago and the mums are in their cars fucking around with their phones waiting for the kids to come out. Anyone who thinks its not a control method are fucking deluded.

I still cant see any way of the place losing traffic though, its mindless shite, its ok for having a laugh but thats it.

You kind of get fed up after the 5000000000000000 meme picture dont ya?

Edited by emsley

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought a PS4 and have spent a decent amount of time with it. Great interface, wish it was backwards compatible though with at least PSOne games to hold me over until some new AAA PS4 game comes out.

I was looking around my man cave and realized every Sony system I have in there can play Final Fantasy VII-IX except the PS4. Shame really.

I bought a PS4 and have spent a decent amount of time with it. Great interface, wish it was backwards compatible though with at least PSOne games to hold me over until some new AAA PS4 game comes out.

I was looking around my man cave and realized every Sony system I have in there can play Final Fantasy VII-IX except the PS4. Shame really.

Sony is supposedly scrapping the backwards hardware compatibility format for a monthly online library subscription to legacy PSN games I believe, from what I've read ... is that still in effect if anyone can confirm?

Sony is supposedly scrapping the backwards hardware compatibility format for a monthly online library subscription to legacy PSN games I believe, from what I've read ... is that still in effect if anyone can confirm?

Yes hardware compatibility was scrapped, they are going to integrate the PSN service with Gaikai's streaming service (remember onLive?) so that you can play your PS1/PS2 games through a cloud service, eventually leading the way for PS3/Vita cloud gaming as well. It's still speculation atm (the service is expected to start in the second half of the year) and I'm fairly certain that even if you own the game you're still going to have to buy it again a second time on the service.