So did anyone buy an XBOX One or PS4?

Alpha

I don't have the money to buy either system right now, nor am I really interested. I still have plenty of games to play on both my 360 and PS3. Not to mention, I got a feeling it's going to take 10 years before we even see anyone hack the One or PS4, but then again, what is the point? I've got a wild feeling we will hopefully see more PC ports.

Sooo who bought one (or both)? :P

I'm not interested in buying them either, but the advertising for them is getting into full swing in time for Christmas.

I've noticed on the xbox-forums RSS feed that a little hacking progress has been made... or at least the acquisition of knowledge.

If there's anyone from that forum reading this, your RSS feed has a problem... i used to be able to click a link and read the article in full, but now it gives a 500 server error. Been like that for a while now. Fix it!

Too pricey for me. More people are going PC gaming in my opinion. It does take a bit of money to get a great PC gaming machine together but well worth it.

Anyway if I did get one it would be the XBOX One not a PS4 but I will wait a couple years for the price to go down if I do get one.

No chance in hell. I'm skipping the nextgen and building my own Steambox, with blackjack and hookers.

This will be most appropriate, since I wouldnt need to give up my (now somewhat large) library of games, and would be able to share access to them on a single machine registered as a Steambox (kinda like switching profiles on your Xbox, you can play any game installed on that machine).

• Like 1

The only next-gen system I see myself getting is the Wii U, and that's only for Smash Bros.

You'd buy a whole system just to play one game? :o

IMO, Nintendo really needs to get its act together, as Wii U really seems like a failure already.

@ Bambi - PS3 is only old news if you don't have CFW. :P

No chance in hell am I buying either system until their bargain basement priced. They're barely next gen, running gimped ass PC hardware with bloatware "social" features out the ass eating up resources in the background that could be put towards game horsepower.

Infact I think I'm done with console gaming PERIOD, I've fucking HAD IT with the social BS...it's bad enough people are hooked on facebook so bad they have to be using it on their cell phones, I DON'T want to frickin talk to your ass while I'm playing a game too!

Back to the days where you got a game worth the money you paid for it, mostly geared to single player, and multiplayer is an afterthought!

I'm not anti-social, this "social" stuff online is, if I want to talk to people I'll do it in person. I get the in-game chat, but facebook on my Xbox? Fuck off...

• Like 1